Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

09 RXP impeller swap?

Doing some research on my 09 RXP, and notcied of the new pump in them and you can only use impellers for this new pump? If thats the case, are there aftermarket impellers available yet for these pumps? Need to know since mine got destroyed in the ocean this past weekend. so much for a new ski. Thanks in advance.

Banned User
    Is it a 155 HP model? I'm pretty sure that all the 215 hp RXP's ('04-'09)have the same pumps but I may have missed something

+1
    its a 215.

coming from the 09 tech post on the sticky part of this forum:

NEW ALUMINUM DIE-CAST PUMP used in entire 2009 Line-up - improved part... also they came out with New Impeller shaft design, and a new impeller nose cone. adaptable to all previous years BUT BUT BUT you can't mix and match old/new impellers with old/new impeller shafts.

so that is leading me to believe that the 09 is totally different? not sure been to involoved in the 2 strokes, therefore never paid attention to these until owning one

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    its a 215.

coming from the 09 tech post on the sticky part of this forum:

NEW ALUMINUM DIE-CAST PUMP used in entire 2009 Line-up - improved part... also they came out with New Impeller shaft design, and a new impeller nose cone. adaptable to all previous years BUT BUT BUT you can't mix and match old/new impellers with old/new impeller shafts.

so that is leading me to believe that the 09 is totally different? not sure been to involoved in the 2 strokes, therefore never paid attention to these until owning one
    hmmmmm.. from what I remember the RXP's didn't change at all but I really haven't looked that hard.. I know some of the older Sea-Doo's came with plastic pumps and that's likely where the "New Aluminum Die-Cast Pump" came from because they truely were junk..
    Someone with knowledge of the '09's will chime in, if not PM Jerry(greenhulk), Dan(JD1), Duke..They know all about these watercraft..

+1
    According to SeaDoo, it is a new pump, and impeller shaft. From what I understand it is a new prop as well but I don't know for sure if the old prop will fit.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by BOATADDICT View Post
    According to SeaDoo, it is a new pump, and impeller shaft. From what I understand it is a new prop as well
    Intresting.. I wonder what the changes were?? If they upgraded the pump...hmmmmm...I like upgrades

+1
    the waterbox is different from my friends 07 rxp, not sure if its the same on the 08 or not.

didnt really wanna do the impeller upgrade already, but i have a few other things done to it so might as well

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Intresting.. I wonder what the changes were?? If they upgraded the pump...hmmmmm...I like upgrades

+1

we need the goods on this new pump!

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Stang View Post
    the waterbox is different from my friends 07 rxp, not sure if its the same on the 08 or not.

didnt really wanna do the impeller upgrade already, but i have a few other things done to it so might as well
    The waterbox and J-pipe are different, in a good way!! Unless you want a '06 RXP exhaust and J-pipe w/ bung hole and plug.... I'll trade ya

+1
    i really havent paid much attention to it, alls i know i did the free flow pipe after the waterbox, J fizzle intake, wedge, ride plate holes filled and the reverse bucket trim, might as well do impeller and intake grate too

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information