Thread: waterbox??

waterbox??

I've been reading up on putting athru hull on my c180, and i keep hearing about the waterbox, im guessing this is the polished muffler located directly behind the exhaust manifold. The resonator or silencer people speak of im guessing is the black plastic box over on the opposite side of the egine??

So to make a thru hull I would replace the pipe from the manifold to water box, then water box and come out directly behind the water box instead of crossing over to the other side of the egine.

if you just want more sound just replace the resonator(black plastic part) whit a tube of aluminum . or put a gibson for a lot of sound whit the tru hull.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by brade07 View Post
    I've been reading up on putting athru hull on my c180, and i keep hearing about the waterbox, im guessing this is the polished muffler located directly behind the exhaust manifold. The resonator or silencer people speak of im guessing is the black plastic box over on the opposite side of the egine??

So to make a thru hull I would replace the pipe from the manifold to water box, then water box and come out directly behind the water box instead of crossing over to the other side of the egine.
    thru hull just remove the resonator and get a pipe going from the waterbox to the exhaust outlet.

Thanks! Thats exactly what i wanted to know

Thread Information