Cambridge, Canada

Could this be my problem ?

So i've been workin on my sltx 1050, and posted pics of my blown top end "what do these pistons look like" and after rebuilding from the crank up, i have gotten to my carbs (everything is back together and clean and .75 over) i have notice just now that there are no high speed fuel screws lol ... in the one carb there is like a piece of copper (maybe a coat hanger) stuck in there lol.. so i dont know if the idiots were running it like that , or if it is even possible to run without the high speed screws or what .. I need to do more research if in fact this carb is like my fcr 39 on my bike .. that could be an extender any way .. could this have an effect or would it run super rich without the screws..

Mesa, AZ

Take a picture for us.

Cambridge, Canada

no dang fuel screws..

ok so i tried to pull out the piece of what i thoguht was copper lol it turned out to be chocolate or some kind of shat .. it broke apart when i tried to pull it .. it was some brittle piece of something .. i did get this pwc in pieces from the guy i bought it from, but i dont think he would have pulled the screws.. im thinking they musta came out or something ... its beyond me .. either way here are some pics best i could get ... and i have 2 questions... the low speed screw is in a groove open on one side and the head of the screw has a notch on it so the screw can only be turned about a 1/4 turn within the groove. how do i remove that screw to clean the channel out ? does the top pop off or something ? .. second .. i cant find an explodable diagram that i can actually find a part number for the high speed screw ... i want to order 3 today, and get goin on these ! any help would be appreciated @!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	009.JPG 
Views:	36 
Size:	1.18 MB 
ID:	140465   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	001.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	1.26 MB 
ID:	140466  

The black cap over the low speed screw does pop off,exposing the screw below,it can than be adjusted. Reinstall the caps to keep the screws in place.

I replied to the high screw problem in your other thread.

Thread Information