Thread: Reducing Heat

+1

Reducing Heat

Hey I was wondering is there anything I can do to reduce the heat in my engine compartment? My rxp is stock, but i dont think its running at its best because of the heat and I'm mainly seeing 7800rpms. And when I stop to take a break I took the seat off and it probably was like 100F in there.

+1

Re: Reducing Heat

Quote Originally Posted by kenshin89
    Hey I was wondering is there anything I can do to reduce the heat in my engine compartment? My rxp is stock, but i dont think its running at its best because of the heat and I'm mainly seeing 7800rpms. And when I stop to take a break I took the seat off and it probably was like 100F in there.
    100F would be running very cool. I've seen temps as high as 140F in the rear of the hull. I moved my sensor on top of the Riva Filter in the hull and the readings are around 119F while cruising. Air temp was in the mid to high 90's. I'll get some running readings today.

This is what everyone is shooting for in the aftermarket stages for the RXP and the RXT. Fans in the hull, hood vents, 158 degree thermostat, power-filters, and power-coolers. Start by measuring ambient temperature inside the hull and measuring humidity, elevation, and outside air temperature. Keep the mindset that you want airflow and the engine to run cooler. Personally, I would look at using fans, powerfilter, and rotax racing thermostat. Is this the cheapest way to optain your goal? If money is no object, then go with the Riva Power-Cooler!!! Nothing but great results!! Nothing better than cooling your engine off with water

+1
    Alright then the power filter will be my next buy, but it probably wont be really soon since i just got the riva sponson and opas block off kit. when I said 100F I was just guessing I've never actually measured the temp in there but i know its hot in there lol. A few times when I've been riding when I found a calm stripe I tested my speeds and I hit 65-66 and then I unhooked the seat and moved it back a little bit and my speed went up to 68. I've seen some people on here have wrapped their pipes and it looks like doing that has brought the temp down. Would that be somethin to do with a stock ski?

There are mixed opinions on this! Do a board search and read up on the latest. Riva Power filter is a great start!

Thread Information