Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Lightbulb Hydrodrag summer nats - it's on!!!!

WATERTOP TO TAKE RIVA RACING HYDRODRAG SUMMER NATIONAL TO WETUMPKA (MONTGOMERY) ALABAMA

Melbourne, FL – July 7, 2009 – WaterTop Unlimited® will bring the RIVA Racing HydroDrag PWC drag races and speed event out of Florida for the first time with the APBA Summer National event taking place in Wetumpka, Alabama on August 1-2, 2009. The Coosa River will be the venue in Wetumpka, 10-minutes north of Montgomery, and will play host to the fastest PWC racing event in the world. The HydroDrag Summer National event will follow the biggest boating event in the country, Aquapalooza, taking place in nearby Lake Martin the weekend prior.

The RIVA Racing HydroDrags have become the world’s showcase for extreme PWC speeds with Julio Rivera making history at the Spring National event by be the first to ever brake the 100 mph mark on a PWC. The Summer National event is expected to draw more racers from the heartland of the country and some from Texas as Montgomery is with-in 500 miles of over 50% of the US population. Fans will be able to see riders on the fastest PWC in the country race head-to-head on the 1/8th mile track utilizing the unique “Launch Pad” starting system creating an explosion of water at every start.

“We are very excited to bring the RIVA Racing HydroDrags to Wetumpka and the great state of Alabama.” said WaterTop event producer Tim McKercher. “Mayor Jerry Willis and the people of Wetumpka have certainly shown southern hospitality as we look forward to having a fun and exciting event on the beautiful Coosa River. We could easily see more records fall and are guaranteed to see some great racing in this new form of PWC competition.”

Dan Okeefe of Osage Beach, MO will be competing in multiple classes but with special focus on the HydroUnlimited class. Okeefe was the Spring Nationals winner in the premeir class aboard a Turbo powered Sea-Doo RXP and is the current overall points leader for the first ever HydroDrag National Champion. Stan Hightower of Georgia will attempt to protect his double class lead in the HydroLimited and HydroStock classes aboard his fast Sea-Doo RXP-X watercraft and Eric Lagopoulos of Sarasota, FL will try to grow his lead in the HydroVintage class aboard his Sea-Doo SPX watercraft.
    WaterTop will also institute the Grudge Match Call Out Drags for the first time where individuals can challenge their friend or foe in a best of three race to earn bragging rights. The Grudge Match Call-Out Drags will follow racing on Saturday afternoon.

The Riva Racing HydroDrag Summer Nationals event will take place adjacent to Gold Star Park on the East side of the Coosa River near downtown Wetumpka. Russell Marine will be on site showcasing the new line of Sea-Doo watercraft and sport boats and Montgomery Harley Davidson will also be on hand with supporting the event. Racing will take place on Saturday and Sunday with a practice session on Friday afternoon prior to event registration. Admission is free.

“The City of Wetumpka is excited to have the RIVA Racing HydroDrags coming to our backyard.” said Mayor Willis. “We look forward to showing the HydroDrag racers, family, and friends a great time and look forward to being outstanding hosts and can’t wait to see some exciting PWC racing.”

RIVA Racing HydroDrag Summer National Schedule of events.
    Friday, July 31
    1:00 -4:00 PM HydroDrag Launch Pad practice 7:00 -8:30 PM Summer National Event Registration

Saturday, August 1
    8:00 -9:30 AM Tech Inspection
    10:00 –11:30 AM HydroVintage and HydroStock Speed Alley
    12:00 -3:00 PM HydroVintage and HydroStock HydroDrag Nationals
    3:30 PM Grudge Match Call-Out Drags
    Sunday, August 2
    10:00 -11:00 AM Tech Inspection
    12:00 –1:00 PM HydroLimited and HydroUnlimited Speed Alley
    1:30 -4:00 PM HydroLimited and HydroUnlimited HydroDrag Nationals qualifying heats
    4:15 PM HydroDrag National FINALS

Full event information will be available on the new www.watertopevents.com website or contact WaterTop directly at 321.409.0519 and [email protected].

WaterTop Unlimited is a multi-facetted public relations & promotions LLC. based in Melbourne, Florida. WaterTop is a full service Marketing Communications and Event Marketing agency that also produces a variety of B2B and B2C recreational product events including; the Bimini Road Rally, HydroDrag Nationals, and various product sampling and training tours.
    WaterTop Unlimited – Expanding Brand Amplitude™
    Last edited by systemerror; 07-07-2009 at 03:23 PM. Reason: fix

+1
    Sweet!

+1
    I really like this

WaterTop will also institute the Grudge Match Call Out Drags for the first time where individuals can challenge their friend or foe in a best of three race to earn bragging rights. The Grudge Match Call-Out Drags will follow racing on Saturday afternoon.

Good deal, i know there is a lot of red tape invloved in getting all this approved... I will be there..

+1
    Thanks Tim!! Not sure if I can make it happen but glad to see it get a little closer for the rest of the US!!

This has to be a huge money decision for you and hope it pays off.

+1
    I should be able to make this one.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 97GPSLEEPER View Post
    I should be able to make this one.

+1
    We will be there with the Nitrous GPR. I may even bring my 1390 for the Radar alley.

Pistonrash... you coming to this one???

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    We will be there with the Nitrous GPR. I may even bring my 1390 for the Radar alley.

Pistonrash... you coming to this one???

If rash comes, I'll make sure I show up and get me a peice.

I'm going

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information