+1

Hotel Recommendations in the Keys

6 of us are looking at going to the Keys between Christmas and New Years. Probably staying 3 nights. We are looking for hotel recommendations. We are all in our mid thirties and would like to be walking distance to restaurants, bars and nightlife. We have never been down there and there is way too much info to sort through on the internet. Some local knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by 785xp View Post
    6 of us are looking at going to the Keys between Christmas and New Years. Probably staying 3 nights. We are looking for hotel recommendations. We are all in our mid thirties and would like to be walking distance to restaurants, bars and nightlife. We have never been down there and there is way too much info to sort through on the internet. Some local knowledge would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Mike
    Acouple questions;

What key are you going to?

Are you intrested in a resort or cottage style lodging?

do you want to be on the gulfside or the atlantic?

Are you bring your ski? do you want a onsite ramp?

If you answer these questions we can hook you right up

Alex

Thanks,

Mike
    If you want walking distance to bars, food and nightlife it HAS to be Key West. Key West costs more but there is much more to do there than anywhere else in the Keys.

Thanks,

Mike
    Sent you a PM

+1
    If you get time go to the No Name Pub, they have the best pizza in the universe. It is near Big Pine Key.

Quote Originally Posted by spdracr View Post
    If you get time go to the No Name Pub, they have the best pizza in the universe. It is near Big Pine Key.
    And the thousands of $1s are pretty kick ass too. Interesting little place.

+1
    The Pierhouse in Key West. Amazing hotel right on the water and on Duval street.

+1
    I was just in Miami and while down there I realized it is a 3 hour drive to Key West. That might deter us from going there. We would not have any skis with us. We would be driving two hours to Detroit and then flying to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We would want to be right near Duvall street. You guys have given me some ideas. I just have to see if the logistics work. We don't want to spend to much time traveling to our destination when we only have 3 days. We have Mexico, Bahamas and Domican Republic as alternatives. Our plan is to book the first week in December with the one that has the best logistics with decent prices.

I was just in Miami and while down there I realized it is a 3 hour drive to Key West. That might deter us from going there. We would not have any skis with us. We would be driving two hours to Detroit and then flying to Miami or Fort Lauderdale. We would want to be right near Duvall street. You guys have given me some ideas. I just have to see if the logistics work. We don't want to spend to much time traveling to our destination when we only have 3 days. We have Mexico, Bahamas and Domican Republic as alternatives. Our plan is to book the first week in December with the one that has the best logistics with decent prices.
    If you are going to do key west, the only way is pay the extra $ and fly to Key West Airport. I will never drive US1 again unless I am forced to. Just a long ride. A great ride, But a long ride.

Thread Information