Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Oh, and an RXP, too. Ballin Ultras's Avatar

Repossession of a PWC?!?

Anyone know the procedure, rules, and regulations of the repossessing of a PWC? In short, my wife and I are going through a divorce and the Ultra 250x is in her name only. She's moved out and has taken off with another man in another city and does not have the means to pay for, tow around, or store the Ultra. As a result, I have it, ride it, enjoy it, and do with what I choose with it. At first she told me I could have it and that she could not afford it. I thought "Okay, cool. I can live with that!" But then she recently decided to take a turn for the worse and wants to fight for our assets, so I thought to myself, "Well, if she's going to fight for it, why would I continue to make payments on it?" She makes about $250 a week and certainly cannot afford a PWC payment. I can, but decided not to make payments on something that, A) Was not in my name, B) I might not even get in the divorce anyways.

I'm pretty sure it's been over 90 days since a payment has been made on it. Does this mean they're going to come get it? Do they even come looking for PWC like they do cars? Does anyone know how all that works? 95% of the time it's garage-kept, but every now and then I'll leave it in the driveway for a few days. Should I not do this? I'm lost here....

Any advice/help is appreciated.

+1
    I hate to admit it but:
    I have gotton close before, at least I think it was close. One time they came and left a notice on the front door(we were not home). Another time I was out of town and someone tried getting into the garage and set off the alarm(I have the garage door armed), I assume it was them cause there was a notice on the front door.
    Dont leave your ski in the driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by JetSkiDaddy View Post
    I hate to admit it but:
    I have gotton close before, at least I think it was close. One time they came and left a notice on the front door(we were not home). Another time I was out of town and someone tried getting into the garage and set off the alarm(I have the garage door armed), I assume it was them cause there was a notice on the front door.
    Dont leave your ski in the driveway.
    Wow! Can they really go into your garage like that?

I don't even keep mine at my house unless I'm washing it so I'm not worried about that. To date, we've received no notice on the door (that I know of). Her mail was forwarded so she is the one receiving all the mail that pertains to the Ultra.

+1
    They will come and get it!!!!!! They will keep a watch on you and your house until they find it. They don't always try to contact you first, if your that late they just figure you are trying to screw them. If you really eant to keep the ski call the finance company and work something out with them, they will work with you because they dont really want it, they want the money. If you dont, kiss it goodbye unless you have a really good hiding spot and don't plan on riding it for a long time.

Quote Originally Posted by suck my wake View Post
    If you really eant to keep the ski call the finance company and work something out with them, they will work with you because they dont really want it, they want the money.
    I personally cannot call them and "work something out", as it's in my wife's name. I have no idea if she's going to get it in the divorce or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Ballin Ultras View Post
    I personally cannot call them and "work something out", as it's in my wife's name. I have no idea if she's going to get it in the divorce or not.
    what did your attorney say?

+1
    Then just play with it while you can and deal with it when it happens

maybe a dumb question but if its in her name and you can afford one and you are getting divorced not to mention she is with someone else...why not leave it outside with a big bow on it and let em take it then go buy your own and to heck with her? or better yet buy it back from the repo!

Quote Originally Posted by HeyUvaVT View Post
    maybe a dumb question but if its in her name and you can afford one and you are getting divorced not to mention she is with someone else...why not leave it outside with a big bow on it and let em take it then go buy your own and to heck with her? or better yet buy it back from the repo!

Bingo

+1
    Wow! Can they really go into your garage like that?
    I dont know, all I know is someone tried to get in the garage ( I think they were hoping it was unlocked, it was locked but it was enough to break the contact on the sensor) and there just happened to be a notice on the door.
    I dont know how true it is but I have heard they have free rein if its on the street, or in your drive way but they need some type of law enforcement with them if they try to enter your property.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information