+1

yamaha stock head...dumping water overboard?

I previously had riva heads where I would dump water overboard through 2 lines...now im back to my stock heads with only 2 outlets and I was going to Y them off out the existing pissers i installed a few seasons ago. Any thoughts? Or should I just connect both of the lines into the exhaust? I called Carl and he said just to do that...I need to get my hands on a couple stealth adapters in case I want to make this happen.

Mike

Smile

Dump your back line (near rear cylinder) overboard. Cap off the inlet on the pipe where it used to go.

answer: I called Carl and he said just to do that...I need to get my hands on a couple stealth adapters in case I want to make this happen.

why did you take the Riva heads off?

my friends ski (stock head) is split with dumping water over. mine is stock OEM milled and after we had a wot run for a few miles we stopped and my stinger and cyls, were hotter than his...

+1
    I went back to stock heads because I preferred the look of a clean casting over what riva has done and I like the idea of a complete sleeper look. I wanted to pick up some stealth y-adapters but Carl said he uses regular T's for that particular application. Do you guys know where to pick up the Y's other than island just in case the connection/routing of lines is easier through one of those? I just figured it'd be nice and neat to tap into a Y and then to the pissers without requiring any aggressive bends of the line like a T would require.

Quote Originally Posted by MJE View Post
    I went back to stock heads because I preferred the look of a clean casting over what riva has done and I like the idea of a complete sleeper look. I wanted to pick up some stealth y-adapters but Carl said he uses regular T's for that particular application. Do you guys know where to pick up the Y's other than island just in case the connection/routing of lines is easier through one of those? I just figured it'd be nice and neat to tap into a Y and then to the pissers without requiring any aggressive bends of the line like a T would require.
    send DrewNJ a PM, I see he has the "T"`s and they work good and easy...
    I think you can get that "Y" , look at where your flush red hose attaches, if that`s the same size, look it up at www.boats.net

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    send DrewNJ a PM, I see he has the "T"`s and they work good and easy...
    I think you can get that "Y" , look at where your flush red hose attaches, if that`s the same size, look it up at www.boats.net
    the red oem flush Y is a 3/8-3/8-3/4

Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    the red oem flush Y is a 3/8-3/8-3/4

mje, there you have it, not the same size...Thanks Rich...

+1
    PepBoys sells a "Ford, Mercury" 5/8 -5/8-3/8 T fitting for like $5. Its in the "Help" packaging and section.... thats the one you need...

Thread Information