New guy and looking for a fast SKi

YO!!
    my name is will and am from jersey. I ride on a brackish Bay,(Bar Bay) and am looking for a fast ski. I have rented a dozen or so times. They game me the base model Yamaha every time. I have ridden an hour or so on my uncles RXP 255 but love it, it single handedly made me want a jet ski..

So far i either want a used GPRXXX, the new Ultra 260x (used in a year or so), or FZR(used in a year or so).. i really would rather have a awesome hull to do some fast turns + handle the chop and what i really want is crazy acceleration over top speed, thats just my style.(soo no honda or polaris turbo lag). but i do need to keep up my uncles and his friends RXPs', so i guess mid 60's.

What do you guys think.? Any other skis i should be looking at??

RXP 255

Quote Originally Posted by ShadyLS6 View Post
    YO!!
    my name is will and am from jersey. I ride on a brackish Bay,(Bar Bay) and am looking for a fast ski. I have rented a dozen or so times. They game me the base model Yamaha every time. I have ridden an hour or so on my uncles RXP 255 but love it, it single handedly made me want a jet ski..

So far i either want a used GPRXXX, the new Ultra 260x (used in a year or so), or FZR(used in a year or so).. i really would rather have a awesome hull to do some fast turns + handle the chop and what i really want is crazy acceleration over top speed, thats just my style.(soo no honda or polaris turbo lag). but i do need to keep up my uncles and his friends RXPs', so i guess mid 60's.

If you want to keep up with an RXP 255 you will need to be UPPER 60's...like 67mph-68MPH. That's IF his ski is BONE stock. Do yourself a favor and get an RXT-X if you want a fast ski and good in chop...JMO

Buy one of the conversion gpr skis on this forum, and your uncle will sell his ski in a day of how fast youll pass him.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadyLS6 View Post
    YO!!

So if you love the RXP, why are you looking at the others...

Stock GPR is not really known for holeshot or ride in the chop, compared to the Seadoo Muslecraft it will be demolished (we race them all the time) and it's a dinosaur 2 stroke anyway.

Ultras are great for rough water, but almost 75 percent of the poll respondents on the Kawi board are claiming they have gas in their oil (GIO).

FZR is a contender in my book, but they will toss you off on your azz at 68 mph and several owners have been injured on them in stock form. Some reports of the nano hulls cracking, too.

Test drive all of them before you buy if possible.
    Sea-Doo's have their problems too, but the RXP-X and RXT-X will not be taken by any stock Yamaha, so if you want the best acceleration and a warranty watch the video and decide for yourself...

Yea his ski is bone stock.. since the RXP is the only musclecraft i have ever ridden, i guess i am partial, i loved its acceleration. almost like a bike. i was just wondering what else was out there..

Thanks for the info that video is good stuff..

so if you have GIO, do you have to flush the engine, would it lead to engine failure..

+1
    Well in theory yes, the oil is being diluted with fuel.
    It's been going on for years, some of the Kawi owners are changing their oil every 10 hours, I think this is most common on the 2007 models, but you can find out more and ask questions about that using these links, you can check the poll results yourself on the bottom link below:
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=gas+oil
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...&highlight=gio
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...hlight=gas+oil
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=69234

Thread Information