Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

GP1200R display, is it necessary??

is the display needed? i have never had guages on a ski and they have reserve if im running low on fuel, and i know its fast so i dont really care about the MPH read out.

anyway are their any other options? like a diff yamaha ski that has a plastic cover instead of guages that could fill it in?

+1
    Never heard of anything. I know alot of people mount their tach or the EFI controller on the display.

+1
    Welcome Blue! The guages will show your low fuel level along with low fuel buzzer. Its important to have this feature.

thx for the welcome woody!

yeah the guages would look sweet im just trying to be cheap for a little while and come up with a quick fix & eventually buy a new set. i just scored this ski & my reset button is completly collapsed into the display and its way scratched up so u cant even read them. a new set of guages looks like they are anywhere from $180-$400!!

what about putting a big (thick) vinyl sticker over the guages? would the fuel buzzer still sound when it gets low??

Is it almost winter yet??? ProXR 440's Avatar
    +1
    If the low fuel and low oil alarms are still functioning on the ski you won't be able to make them stop beeping without the reset button. Even if you turn the ski off the alarm continues to beep and is VERY loud and annoying... I wonder how long it would beep before it stops?

Quote Originally Posted by ProXR 440 View Post
    If the low fuel and low oil alarms are still functioning on the ski you won't be able to make them stop beeping without the reset button. Even if you turn the ski off the alarm continues to beep and is VERY loud and annoying... I wonder how long it would beep before it stops?
    ahhhh good to know, ok so i guess ill leave my orig question out their to see if anyone has another cheap fix, and start saving up for a new display.

so i pulled the whole display and unplugged everything that it was connected to, will the ski run like this? im going to put a block off kit on the ski and go to pre-mix to avoid running low on oil...... once i get a battery will the ski run like this? or does the display tie in something that will keep it from running

i got this ski for $950 with a double trailer, trying to get it cleaned up and out on the lake to see how it runs before i start buying stuff like the display etc etc.... if it looks promising then ill start dropping a little more $$$$$$$ but im being cheap for now

+1
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100684 here's a display for sale in the classified section.

Quote Originally Posted by xsockguyx View Post
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=100684 here's a display for sale in the classified section.
    thx! sent the guy a pm well see if i score it, thats a good deal

dude already sold it......... dang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information