Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

oil in air intake

have the x sc with the pro series wheel. just had this problem a month or so ago, so i pulled the sc and filled that extra oiling hole with some jb weld. so i just checked it for the hell of it and the hole is still plugged tight with the jb but i am still having oil in the air intake/intercooler and its puddles of oil not just a film. what next? thanks

oil

A lot of us are running into this problem. Mine will be a film after a day of regular riding. A day of long or hard riding and there will be a small charger. It seems to be that these bigger boost chargers are pushing oil through the seal. Even guys with new wheel seals are running into this.

Check your oil level and make sure it's ok everytime you ride. Clean out your intake tube and check your IC. You should be ok. I am going to wait to the end of the season and clean my IC and have my SC rebuilt.

Quote Originally Posted by rxpwhistler1 View Post
    A lot of us are running into this problem. Mine will be a film after a day of regular riding. A day of long or hard riding and there will be a small charger. It seems to be that these bigger boost chargers are pushing oil through the seal. Even guys with new wheel seals are running into this.

Check your oil level and make sure it's ok everytime you ride. Clean out your intake tube and check your IC. You should be ok. I am going to wait to the end of the season and clean my IC and have my SC rebuilt.
    yeah, i just had it rebuilt by GH, oil level is between the lines. i had to clean both kanflex and ic dont want that oil holding extra heat. the funny thing is is that the oil builds up right at sc inlet in the hose. not at the air intake inlet which is under the glove box.!! it is dry

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    yeah, i just had it rebuilt by GH, oil level is between the lines. i had to clean both kanflex and ic dont want that oil holding extra heat. the funny thing is is that the oil builds up right at sc inlet in the hose. not at the air intake inlet which is under the glove box.!! it is dry
    I'm still running the stock S/C but I have all the other mods and I get the same chit. S/c was just rebuilt, that oil can't help intercooler efficiency one bit!I just clean it out ever so often, seems jet ski runs ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    I'm still running the stock S/C but I have all the other mods and I get the same chit. S/c was just rebuilt, that oil can't help intercooler efficiency one bit!I just clean it out ever so often, seems jet ski runs ok.
    yes mine runs good too i would just like to find a cure for this or is this normal. my stock sc with the greenwheel never did this at all

I have the same problem,after all the test and 3 seal the problem was there.so this year i put the riva thermostat and cut 16" of the riva air intake.put a viton seal. at half the price of the original. and after 8 to 10 hours still dry.

Quote Originally Posted by marc340 View Post
    I have the same problem,after all the test and 3 seal the problem was there.so this year i put the riva thermostat and cut 16" of the riva air intake.put a viton seal. at half the price of the original. and after 8 to 10 hours still dry.
    NOT SURE I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN MARC. post a pic i have an rxt with 4 inch air

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by busa504 View Post
    have the x sc with the pro series wheel. just had this problem a month or so ago, so i pulled the sc and filled that extra oiling hole with some jb weld. so i just checked it for the hell of it and the hole is still plugged tight with the jb but i am still having oil in the air intake/intercooler and its puddles of oil not just a film. what next? thanks
    Richie check this thread out we were just discussing this
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...&highlight=oil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by marc340 View Post
    put a viton seal. at half the price of the original. and after 8 to 10 hours still dry.
    I'd like to hear more about this. Part numbers? Pics of how you did it?

the parts# 16357-DL-V the seal is brown and what i figure is the heat that burn the seal. because if i put a new original one .ride the boat very hard for 2 to 3 hours no problem after i do a lot of low speed recheck the oil is back. this is why i put the riva thermostat and did 4 big hole to bring air to the engine.the other thing i run the riva air intake that very long and make some heat so i cut it but a have a boat.another thing billet impeller stay more hot than the cast one.and the blow off valve help to because the air free flow until your in boost so it cool the supercharger.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information