SeaDoo GTX-SC Oil Warning

Wanting to see if I could get some help here. I take my '03 GTX-SC out to the lake and start it for a few seconds out of the water to make sure it is going to run. Then back it into the water, start it up, remove it from the trailer, idle out past the no-wake zone and as soon as I give it any gas the oil warning beeper comes on and it goes into reduced power mode. The previous time it did the same thing and I added a bit of oil (didn't show low) and it worked just fine for the rest of the riding session.

The guy that I bought if from said that he just had the supercharger rebuild at 100 hours (now has 115) and that his mechanic told him that he must perform a flushing procedure BEFORE going to the water to get the oil circulating. I call this absurd, but wanted to hear if any one else has encountered anything similar or if this might just be a sensor problem.

Would appreciate any advice.
    Thanks

+1
    03 GTX's had issues with the oil sensors, on mine, replacing the front sensor fixed the issue.
    Be sure you are not over full on oil, it robs RPM's and performance, 1/2 way up the dipstick is best.

The oil pump moves the oil, no need to flush it before putting it in the water to get the oil to flow.
    What's he smoking??

I figure that it is a sensor, but it just P*****S me off that I have to deal with it after paying top dollar for a ski. The guy seemed to know what he was doing, but if he believes that you have to flush the system to make the oil pressure come up........................come on.

Is the best route on this to take it to the dealer ??? Will it show codes that the oil sensor activated the last time out?

+1
    I can't remember for sure, but you can push the set button 5 times to show the code, which will be P1202.
    If so, it's an easy fix, the sensor is located just below the oil filler neck.

+1
    there are two oil pressure switches. One below the oil filler neck and one under the throttle body.

post #479
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthre...=40972&page=48

P1202 search result
    http://greenhulk.net/forums/search.php?searchid=2177252

+1
    if theres an oil problem, maybe just maybe, doing a preride crank over, aka turning the engine over in drown mode, by pressing throttle lever all the way down and then cranking over engine for 10 seconds. might make the oil circulation problem not throw a code????
    thats probably what he was talkin about, drown mode to circulate some oil. not a bad idea after oil/filter change or when taking ski out of storage.
    maybe if oil is low, it could prevent a code from apearing, if you circulate first. but better to fix the faulty sensor, or low oil condition.

Ski at the shop

I figured the best way out for this was to take the ski to a reputable dealer so I called 3 different places, asked for service and gave them some clues as to what was going on. One of them told me that the '03's had some sensor problems and it was likely the culprit. They are about a week behind so it will be some time before I know for sure.

I just bought this ski and if there is an internal engine problem I want to find out quickly.

Thanks everyone for your assistance. I would normally have done the sensor change myself, but since it is newly purchased I want someone that can check all the codes.

Randy

Same Oil Warning Issue on '04 GTX

Hey RMarble,

I have the exact same issue. I have replace both sensors in question, verified oil level, and still have the same problem. What did you find out on your unit?

GlassFinder

Sensors

Had the oil sensors replaced ($150) and have had the ski out twice since. Seems to cure the problem. I did have a beep go off twice last time out, but no codes thrown on the display so don't know what is going on there.
    RR

+1
    ski will beep if fuel gets low , says fuel low, sometimes can happen when fuel in tank sloshes too hard.
    other beeps are usually overheat realted.
    if no codes, its the open loop part of the exhaust cooling.
    remove J pipe, check pisser holes in jpipe, and make sure top clamp on coupler form jpipe to waterbox isnt blocking those pisser holes on the Jpipe.

Thread Information