Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Weird RXTX phenomon added some parts and...

Ok, I installed a 4" Kanaflex and a Riva free flow exhaust last week, I took it out and now my gas milage sucks. No I know its not all the wide open throttle as I had my brother in law ride it who rides pretty slow and also noticed it was useing allot of fuel. I then took it for a mellow long ride, and we took the RXPX, RXP Stage 2 and Stage 3 RXP and they all got better mileage. I did take the intake manifold off to get the Kana in but I know its not leakig at least I think it isnt? Whats up here?

ETA, there isnt any fuel leaking or in the bottom of the hull either.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mstennes View Post
    Ok, I installed a 4" Kanaflex and a Riva free flow exhaust last week, I took it out and now my gas milage sucks. No I know its not all the wide open throttle as I had my brother in law ride it who rides pretty slow and also noticed it was useing allot of fuel. I then took it for a mellow long ride, and we took the RXPX, RXP Stage 2 and Stage 3 RXP and they all got better mileage. I did take the intake manifold off to get the Kana in but I know its not leakig at least I think it isnt? Whats up here?

ETA, there isnt any fuel leaking or in the bottom of the hull either.
    no idea on what would cause change as those 2 mods should have minimal change in gas consumption under same riding conditions. As far as the intake mani, if it was leaking you should have noticeable decrease in boost and or rpm. if your running stock intake grate you will get worse mileage then those other skis. stock X grate is a plow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    no idea on what would cause change as those 2 mods should have minimal change in gas consumption under same riding conditions. As far as the intake mani, if it was leaking you should have noticeable decrease in boost and or rpm. if your running stock intake grate you will get worse mileage then those other skis. stock X grate is a plow.
    Riva grate, oh I forgot I put a 15/22 in but those mods there should have affected the boats mileage that much, I mean it gets worse than my modded boats. it runs hard so I know the intake cant be leaking, it pulls about 8100 max.

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    All other skis aside... does the RXT-X and RXP-X still have the OEM grates? If so, they should both exhibit the same "crappy" fuel consumption. As skoepp eluded to, ditch the OEM grates and recoup your money in one season.

On the other hand... if both X skis are stock, and one has significantly less fuel efficiency than the other...

Gotta love this sport! 05Limited's Avatar
    +1
    Oops... I was to slow on the keyboard. So one has the Riva grate?

+1
    Somethings going on. You either need to put it back to stock and recheck fuel consumption or completely inspect the intake tract and throttle body/intake for leaks or whatever. Did you plug the sensors all back in that were disconnected to do the mods? Did you see an rpm and speed gain from these mods?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Somethings going on. You either need to put it back to stock and recheck fuel consumption or completely inspect the intake tract and throttle body/intake for leaks or whatever. Did you plug the sensors all back in that were disconnected to do the mods? Did you see an rpm and speed gain from these mods?
    Heres the mods, RXTX, Riva grate, 4" Kanaflex, Riva free flow exhaust and Solas 15/22 prop, nothing more, everythin is hook up as it was and to be honest it goes like a MOFO, but it gets worse milage than my other boats
    RXPX, Riva Grate, 3" intake
    07 RXP Stage 2+
    06 RXP Stage 3+
    all my other boats get better fuel consumption then the TX, I know the TX being bigger and heavier will be a little worse ut when we went for a long distance ride the other 3 did much better

+1
    Well, I get about 70-80 miles on a tank with mixed riding (wot and cruise). How's that compare to yours? I'm running an R&D grate and a free flow.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Well, I get about 70-80 miles on a tank with mixed riding (wot and cruise). How's that compare to yours? I'm running an R&D grate and a free flow.
    40-50 miles, we went about 15 miles and used a half tank?

+1
    I have almost the same setup.

Only difference is the worx grate instead of the riva.

Don't know for sure ,but no big differences for me.

If you hit the throttle,you use a lot of fuel.

At cruising speed best fuel economy,but depends on the style of riding.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information