msx 140 power lost

hi guys sorry tu cut thru but i have a question. i bought a 2003 polaris msx 140 and the first four or five times i took it to the water was running great but after that it started tu run rough picking up speed and the engine sounded kind of bumpy. i am an auto mechanic but dont know to much of pwc so i started cheking fo damages and i found the fuel pump sending unit broken on top so i started removing the fule tank to chek the pump and the pressure valve but how da f.... does it come out? do u have to remove the stairofoam from the hull? and some ideas to solve my problems woul be great. thaks a lot guys

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by davidriccimsx140 View Post
    hi guys sorry tu cut thru but i have a question.

I bought a 2003 Polaris MSX 140 and the first four or five times i took it to the water was running great but after that it started to run rough picking up speed and the engine sounded kind of bumpy.

I am an auto mechanic but don't know to much of pwc so i started checking for damages and i found the fuel pump sending unit broken on top so i started removing the fuel tank to check the pump and the pressure valve

but how da f.... does it come out? do u have to remove the Styrofoam from the hull? and some ideas to solve my problems would be great.

thanks a lot guys
    Are you sure you need to remove the fuel tank to get the fuel pump out?

I have not removed an MSX 140 fuel pump (yet), but on my Virage TXi I just slid the tank forward as far as it would go, and there was just enough room to get the fuel pump clear of the hull.

What exactly is broken on the fuel pump?

Oh yes - welcome to the Hulk

msx 140 power lost

hi guys sorry tu cut thru but i have a question. i bought a 2003 polaris msx 140 and the first four or five times i took it to the water was running great but after that it started tu run rough picking up speed and the engine sounded kind of bumpy. i am an auto mechanic but dont know to much of pwc so i started cheking fo damages and i found the fuel pump sending unit broken on top so i started removing the fule tank to chek the pump and the pressure valve but how da f.... does it come out? do u have to remove the stairofoam from the hull? and some ideas to solve my problems woul be great. thaks a lot guys

+1
    Check the tech section, K447 did a write up on fuel pump repair for injected engines.

Thread Information