Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

Question Riva ECU gains??

What have you seen by doing the Riva ECU, Valvetrain, and 50# injectors? Please list pros and cons.
    I have been thinking about it but wondering if it is worth the money.

more rpms & more boost = more speed

Quote Originally Posted by Gus13letter View Post
    What have you seen by doing the Riva ECU, Valvetrain, and 50# injectors? Please list pros and cons.
    i just order the same package ... i hope it worth

Good Luck

+1
    Thanks, but looking for little more specific details.

+1
    My experience was that it was worth nothing if you didn't prop it to run more rpm. Others' experience was different.

Banned User
    Gus,

I been running that set-up for 100 hours and it's the best. Riva put alot of thought into that ECU, for one it's boost sensitive. Allowing it to adjust your A/F to fit other SC and boost levels to a certain point, the Riva ECU is by far(other than EMS) the easist to tune with a RRFPR. Also, it allows you maintain your Knock control function..Which will save your motor!!! I know guy's running 25+ pounds of boost on a Riva ECU with a RRFPR, I also know a few guy's that are ditching their Rotax ECU for Riva just because of the Knock control.
    With a 8650 RPM rev limit it really brings your ski to life!!! It's amazing how much a few hundred RPM's will do for a ski..

If you have anymore questions, just ask!

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Gus,

I been running that set-up for 100 hours and it's the best. Riva put alot of thought into that ECU, for one it's boost sensitive. Allowing it to adjust your A/F to fit other SC and boost levels to a certain point, the Riva ECU is by far(other than EMS) the easist to tune with a RRFPR. Also, it allows you maintain your Knock control function..Which will save your motor!!! I know guy's running 25+ pounds of boost on a Riva ECU with a RRFPR, I also know a few guy's that are ditching their Rotax ECU for Riva just because of the Knock control.
    With a 8650 RPM rev limit it really brings your ski to life!!! It's amazing how much a few hundred RPM's will do for a ski..

If you have anymore questions, just ask!

Alex
    I agree with everything Alex said above. You would also need to pitch your prop for the rpm and speed once installed like engineermike mentioned. I found the best rpm for my X boat was 8580rpms. At 8600-8620 it was slightly slower probably because of the soft limiter was in effect. I think the hard limiter is 8650 like Alex mentioned.

RIVA

Thanks, but looking for little more specific details.

Before the Riva ecu my ski was a consistent 78-79 mph ski in the heat of summer. i saw 80 in the fall andd still had a s3 charger. i then added the riva ecu and went to 80-81 consistent even in the heat. then with the add. of the rude i went to a best of 84 and consistent 82-83 in the heat.

just keep in mind the old rule of thumb. 100rpm=1mph.......

so if your are seeing 8100 and go to 8400 then in a perfect world you should get 3mph.

keep in mind that i always got the rpms's where they need to be by changing rings. you will not gain more than 50 rpm if you just put the ecu in and change nothing with the prop or rings.

hope this helps Gus......if you do a search for some of my old posts you can probably get more details than what i can remember off the top of my head this early in the morn.........

btw....i have a tool for the valvetrain if you need to borrow one.

greg

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DIGGS View Post
    Before the Riva ecu my ski was a consistent 78-79 mph ski in the heat of summer. i saw 80 in the fall andd still had a s3 charger. i then added the riva ecu and went to 80-81 consistent even in the heat. then with the add. of the rude i went to a best of 84 and consistent 82-83 in the heat.

just keep in mind the old rule of thumb. 100rpm=1mph.......

so if your are seeing 8100 and go to 8400 then in a perfect world you should get 3mph.

keep in mind that i always got the rpms's where they need to be by changing rings. you will not gain more than 50 rpm if you just put the ecu in and change nothing with the prop or rings.

hope this helps Gus......if you do a search for some of my old posts you can probably get more details than what i can remember off the top of my head this early in the morn.........

btw....i have a tool for the valvetrain if you need to borrow one.

greg
    Thank you very much for the info.

Sounds like I should probably gain about 2 MPH and better all around performance. My best speed was 77.2 @ 8160rpm in around March or April and 76.2 @ 8080rpm 1st week of June. I wonder how some of the guys with the same setup as mine are getting 81.

I appreciate the offer for the tool but my friend Brett at Jet Trendz has the tools and knowledge on how to do the valve train. I don't want to screw it up.

Seems a little deceiving with the prop. Because you have to de pitch it to gain RPM you would think you would run slower.

Thank you very much for the info.

Sounds like I should probably gain about 2 MPH and better all around performance. My best speed was 77.2 @ 8160rpm in around March or April and 76.2 @ 8080rpm 1st week of June. I wonder how some of the guys with the same setup as mine are getting 81.

I appreciate the offer for the tool but my friend Brett at Jet Trendz has the tools and knowledge on how to do the valve train. I don't want to screw it up.

Seems a little deceiving with the prop. Because you have to de pitch it to gain RPM you would think you would run slower.

as long as you have the power to pull the rpm you should go faster.
    I ran as big as an 86 mm nozzle and went faster as long as the rpm was there.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information