Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question for 2004 gp1300

Just bought two 2004 gp 1300 with 25 hours on them.The guy had them serviced with a fuel and oil flush just recently. They seem to run strong but i do see a little smoke coming out the back. Is this something normal. Also it seems like they idle real rough. When i take the seat off it seems real rough sounding like it wants to miss and almost like a knocking sound. Is this something normal. I am very new to knowing about these things. Any input would be helpful.

+1
    Smoking is ok. They dont idle like your car .

Does it feel responsive everywhere - No sluggishness or anything ?

it is a little out of the hole. but when you get on plane it has no miss at all.another question is on one of them you have to have the steering wheel a little cocked to one side to keep it straight. any ideas on that

+1
    you the guy that was at Egret Bay the other day?

I heard there were a couple new 04s down there

Theres a way to adjust the steering cable to straighten out the wheel. The service manual is in a sticky around here somewhere, that'll let you know the fix.

These are two strokes, hopped up a bit from the factory. They don't idle all that smooth! And the smoke out the back is normal, as long as it's not excessive. They burn their oil with the gas so you're going to see a little bit of smoke. Might even have a slight blue hue, although i've only noticed that on the smokiest of cold startups.

+1
    "2-smokes"

Wanna see smoke take a ported 1300 thruogh a 1 mile no wake zone it will smoke like crazy, the motor does not have oil in it that would be a 4-stroke it is more like your weed eater that you mix oil and gas together the ski is oil injected yamahalube in one tank and gas in the other tank then it gets oil injected at the carbs, this site is great lots of helpful people here gl with your new skis, make sure you attach the oil lines to the carbs with something better than the zip tie the factory uses so the line doesnt come off and ruin your motor it has happened to a lot of skis including mine.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zx11rider View Post
    Wanna see smoke take a ported 1300 thruogh a 1 mile no wake zone it will smoke like crazy, the motor does not have oil in it that would be a 4-stroke it is more like your weed eater that you mix oil and gas together the ski is oil injected yamahalube in one tank and gas in the other tank then it gets oil injected at the carbs, this site is great lots of helpful people here gl with your new skis, make sure you attach the oil lines to the carbs with something better than the zip tie the factory uses so the line doesnt come off and ruin your motor it has happened to a lot of skis including mine.
    03+ GPR doesnt use zip ties any more... they have a SS coiled band that secures the oil lines

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WFO View Post
    03+ GPR doesnt use zip ties any more... they have a SS coiled band that secures the oil lines
    +1

I was very surprised when I switched my ski over to premix on how easily these oil lines pull off. (even the SS coiled banded 03+) It didn't take much to pop them off.

I guess yamaha was trying to fix the problem with lines falling off then mine just had zip ties on a 2004xlt what about the intake grate on the gprs is it a sefety problem like the xlt when you let off after a full speed run it turns the ski sideways and you can get thrown off.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information