GP1200 Questions

I love reading all the posts on this site, there's a ton of great information. I do have some questions and I'm hoping some of the experts out there can point me in the right direction.

I recently got an older 1200 hull (not sure what year but I will find out) and it's just sitting in my garage. The reason I got it was; I bought an 98 1200 that was tee boned by another ski, everything else worked but the hull was shot. Anyway, I figured I would just swap the parts over to the new hull.
    The reason I'm writing is, if I'm going through all this trouble I would like to add whatever I can to make this a nice little ski. I have a ton of engine parts that I have collected over the years but I'm not sure what will work with a single exhaust. I had planned on using a cylinder I bought from Oside a while a go and I was going to run an ADA head but that's as far as I've come with the project. Do you guys have any ideas regarding impellers, ride plates, engine setup, etc?

In the end, I would like to make this a really nice vintage ski. Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!
    Jim

+1
    How about some pics.
    You can spend lots of money if you want to go fast 60 mph is easy 65 mph a little harder then it just gets harder from there.
    If you have good water and want speed raise the comp and get the hull up out of the water to reduce drag
    Then get an impeller to keep your rpm in a safe rpm range and you will be in the 65 mph range

let us know what you do have in the way of year and parts.. we can then help you better, on what to use and what steps to perform...

GP1200 pic

Sorry guys but I've been out of town for a while. I tried to attach a pic but I don't think it worked. Anyway I will try again after work. I think the ski is a 97 or 98 but the model number tag is not readable. As far as engine parts go I have a few sets of cases, cranks, cylinders, heads, etc. I have a Riva ported cylinder for race fuel and one from Dan Lamey. I have three Riva heads with several sets of misc sets of domes. I also have a couple of MSD total loss systems. I'm sure there's more but that's all I can think of right now.

Jim
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Jet ski.JPG 
Views:	56 
Size:	1.32 MB 
ID:	141468  

+1
    Welcome you have some good stuff there now lets get that gps out and post some #s

hey jim, does your lamey cylinder have power valves? sounds like you have some nice things..best of luck dood!

+1
    Jim good to see you here. If memory serves me correctly those cylinders came off a triple pipe ski, so they may not be the best choice for a single. Check the measurement from the exhaust port to the top deck and let us know what you have. As far as ride plates go the riva pro series was one of the better ones, followed by R&D"s plate. What pump is in that ski? OEM or a skat?

I think you're right about the cylinder Bill, I'll check it tonight. The pump is oem. Again, I already have a stock raider and a stock 800 that we use at the lake for fun, I just figured if I was going to completely rebuild a ski I might as well put in what the group thinks are the best combination of parts.

Thanks for the help so far!

By the way, I'm still working on the GPR for the hydro, we have had some success with it but it's still considered in the experimental stage.

Jim

Thread Information