Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

HELP - SoCal VTS Problem

I brought my ski into the dealer last week to get the VTS working because we are doing a river trip the beginning of the week.

Well, they decided they won't have time to look at it before I leave !!

Is there anyone that may have a vts in the los angeles area ?? Looks like I'm gonna need the motor.

I know it's a long shot, but I'd really like to have it working.

2005 RXP.

+1
    I was able to locate a motor & will have it tomorrow. Hopefully thats the whole issue.

I pulled out the old one, popped off the metal cover, couldn't believe how much water was trapped in there.

I checked the circuit board with an ohm meter, was not totally pleased with the results. not everything compared to what the troubleshooting diagram said. like said. hope there is not more issues.

Bro, is there anyway you can save that broken motor for me. I'll pay shipping.

+1
    sure, i have it on the bench.

but why? you collecting brown rusty things?

Quote Originally Posted by NottaPhireMan View Post
    sure, i have it on the bench.

but why? you collecting brown rusty things?
    No, I am thinking of starting a Thread asking everybody here to donate their broken parts and send it to me so I can cut it up and post pictures, so everyone knows how they are built and what goes wrong and maybe a fix? what ya think? I don't know if it's been done already? Just brainstorming the fast few weeks as I read all the new threads and they are pretty much the same thing over and over It's like a data base source....in a way?

+1
    Sounds like a great idea. In fact I was thinking about how this issue could be prevented in the future.

I was considering putting silicone on every area of the new motor of where water could sneek in.

I am so pissed, this ski has very little hours on it & the trim stopped working over a year ago. Super poor design IMO.

Anyway, let me know what you want to do.

+1
    Sounds like a great idea. In fact I was thinking about how this issue could be prevented in the future.

I was considering putting silicone on every area of the new motor of where water could sneek in.

I am so pissed, this ski has very little hours on it & the trim stopped working over a year ago. Super poor design IMO.

make sure you use a new rubber boot on the trim rod and that you also use the plastic clip style clamps. This is where your water came in. Next buy 2 cans of marine grease and pack the whole vts unit with it. We call this the Jammer mod, but it will not let water enter thru the unit if the boot does leak again.

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1

Ask jammer where his around the neck jock strap is? Did you put voltage on the motor to see if it worked? Put 12v on it, check motor, then reverse voltage, rotation should be other direction, motor may be ok, lot's of things cause these to stop working

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Ask jammer where his around the neck jock strap is? Did you put voltage on the motor to see if it worked? Put 12v on it, check motor, then reverse voltage, rotation should be other direction, motor may be ok, lot's of things cause these to stop working
    water is the cause and the rubber boot is the reason why.....

We are all Victims at one time. Thanks to this website we can share our experiences and voice out and ask help. Then we all gather and Brainstorm and a solution to the problem is posted Both Pwgsx and Pirate81 are good members that suffered the same experience as you and me did. The only difference among us is that I caught it earlier than the rest, regardless "WE" all share the same experience. As for the grease Procedure... when you get everything back together, before you close the VTS cover....Take a grease gun and load up the whole VTS inside with grease until it ozzzes out. just wipe the ozzz clean. The purpose of this is...."Air space Dissplacement" If you put grease inside the VTS unit, there's no room for the water to come in and occupy that air space. Not only the grease occupy that space but actually lube the and protect the components of the VTS. when you operate the VTS unit, It does note get in the way of normal operation because grease can be moved around and take form and adjust. It does not bind. it's flexible. This is the same technquie I used when I burry my guns, during the Martial Law in the Philippines. Guns was not allowed to be owned by civilians. I packed it with grease, wraped it, burry it....20 years later, it was good as new. I'll PM my address. I will pay for shipping. Please put the reciept or I can actually just look at the postage. If you can shipped it VIA USPostal to save money, that will be great. Thanks for reading this and have a good summer. If you got any more troubles, post it here and If I or We know the answer.....you will be helped be safe!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information