Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Some ?s

Some ?s

hey everyone, i just got a 2000 GP1200R and am pretty new to the forum and have some questions for everyone. First I was wondering with the safety spray can i just take off the rubber hose and block it off. Also, my trim isnt working and the guy gave me a new cable for it and i am planning on putting it in but where does it run once it goes behind the engine to get to the jet pump area. And it is probably the trim being off but when i try to turn around quick the front of the ski tends to dive down and i was wondering if it was just the trim or adjusting the sponsons would help at all. I would also like to know how i would know if i have a D plate cat delete or not. Oh and last but not least, is it alright if i remove all my caution and warning stickers?
    thanks for the help and sorry bout the paragraph of questions

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    Hello and welcome to GreenHulk!!!!

" First I was wondering with the safety spray can i just take off the rubber hose and block it off."

Yes you can just take off the hose if you like and plug the hole. There is no real performance loss however; some people do not like the effect.

" Also, my trim isnt working and the guy gave me a new cable for it and i am planning on putting it in but where does it run once it goes behind the engine to get to the jet pump area."

Download the GP1200R manual from this link http://www.mediafire.com/ServiceManuals , it contains very specific cable routing diagrams.

" I would also like to know how i would know if i have a D plate cat delete or not."

The only way to truly know is to remove the exhaust and check. However, check to see if the exhaust temp sensor is plugged in. If not is there a sensor delete chip installed into the computers wiring harness? The sensor connection is located on the side of the large computer box mounted to the mid wall. The plug closest to the front of the ski should connect to the exhaust temperature sensor. The plug closest to the rear connects to the water temperature sensor located between the exhaust pipe and water box. If you find this "chip" you more than likely have the D-plate. But you should really check for yourself.

" Oh and last but not least, is it alright if i remove all my caution and warning stickers?"

Well yes and no. It is your ski so do whatever you want. I know I do. But in this day and age with all the free loaders and parasites looking to make a quick buck, the last thing you need is someone riding your ski, getting hurt, and suing you b/c they did not know XXXXXX. In real life... screw them... Do what you want with your property and to hell with the rest.

BUT IN SOME STATES YOU NEED TO LEAVE THE "FIRE EXTINGUSHER" LABEL ON

Good Luck,

Christian79

Also POST SOME PICS

thanks so much for the help, the ski also came with an aftermarket ride plate and intake grate and he also gave me a set of high compression heads with it, i was also wondering, do you guys on here run yamalube in your jet skis or is there a better alternative
    here r some pics as it sits for now

i went wave jumpin the other day and had the best time but didnt get any pics, ill have to get some next time, those ones are just cruisin on the river

it looks like i am gonna have to remove the battery and all that fun stuff to run the trim cable through

anybody know why my front end tends to dive down when i try to whip it around in a sharp turn?

ttt

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by banone403 View Post
    anybody know why my front end tends to dive down when i try to whip it around in a sharp turn?

you have a 16 gallon gas tank up front. All that weight push's the nose down.

What position is the trim stuck in? That could very well be why the front is diving down.

it was stuck one notch down but i just put the whole new cable in and the old one was seized up so now the trim works great and i want to see what a difference it makes wen i turn, will have to do that tomorrow cuz i just took my mats off and trying the clean everything up for the hydroturf which should be here today! i take it the best way to get the stuff off is acetone?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information