Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

New Ski! 2005 RXT

Hey guys, just picked up a 2005 rxt, green and black! took it out for a ride today and smoked my buddy on his 2006 r12x honda. consistantly pulled 70 (on the speedo havent gps'd it yet) with a full tank of gas! question for you guys are, aside from the obvious washer change (which has been done) what other mods are a "must" for the rxt, I kinda want to stay out of the engine, and would like to work more on the hull more than anything. also, the chrome trim is corroding on the ski, what would be the cure-all for this? does anyone make an aftermarket trim? or should i just take em off, sand em down and paint it black?? (I think that might look cool)

One last thing, I want to do the OPAS removal real bad, when I was out on the ski, at around 50mph, it was very unpredictable, would pull to the left or right, (kinda scary!) but my 2002 gtx di did the same.

would the opas removal cure this, and or is it normal for the ski to do this?

Thanks for everything guys!

+1
    one more thing, I know I missed out on the conway ride, but I Will not miss the next one!

+1
    I would reccomend reading through this. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=16773 The stage 1 kit is a great setup and wakes the ski up. I think with the stage 1 kit you will be around 65mph. Thats where I started and am way beyond that. If you think you will eventually be highly modifying it just do it once and be done. I would reccomend riding it, have fun and think about how far you may go with it.
    +1 on the OPAS, I didnt like it either.

Welcome to the board ...and on your purchase of the best looking ski on the water.

For goodies that'll start you on your way...without breaking the bank...see my sig. You can block those paddles up for next to nothing...till you get your block offs.

Banned User
    opas block offs are a must on a rxt and so is a good intake grate along with a pump wedge, also look at doing a 4'' air intake cause there is good gains in the older skis to be had with the intake.

just get a couple small pieces of PVC and lock up those paddles until you can take them off...

+1
    as far as locking those paddles up, can I get a little more info on how to do this? without buying the $20 riva ones?

Quote Originally Posted by 20rxp04 View Post
    as far as locking those paddles up, can I get a little more info on how to do this? without buying the $20 riva ones?
    I used 3/4" pex line...pvc should work....2" long, open the tube by split length wise...creating a C...with a very tight opening. I cut a "v" shape in the ends of the splits to make it a little easier to snap onto the piston. I also was a little anal and zip tied it on....most don't.

It can be a little bit of a chore but still a "one wrench" outa five in difficulty.

+1
    Threw together some knock-off opas compitition wedges, made of 3/4pvc pipe with a slit down the middle, need to take it out on the water now!

+1
    Took it out on the water today and WOW! all of the unpredictability is GONE, ski is straight as an arrow, best 93cents ive ever spent!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information