ultra 250 i/c mod questions and water injestion

ok so i figured after reading about Skip's oil problems i figured that i would pull my intercooler and clean it and do the i/c mod at the same time. what my question is what tubes go to the bottom and top? there are two hoses that go through the back of the boat that look like water dumps and the one from the manifold. which one do i need to put to the bottom fittings and which to the top? i have the i/c out right now and i found a little pudle of water in the bottom but no oil to speak of, what should i do? not worry about it? and yes i have read for hours about the i/c mod and it still doesnt make a lot of sense now that i have it out....

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 04 Duramax View Post
    ok so i figured after reading about Skip's oil problems i figured that i would pull my intercooler and clean it and do the i/c mod at the same time. what my question is what tubes go to the bottom and top? there are two hoses that go through the back of the boat that look like water dumps and the one from the manifold. which one do i need to put to the bottom fittings and which to the top? i have the i/c out right now and i found a little pudle of water in the bottom but no oil to speak of, what should i do? not worry about it? and yes i have read for hours about the i/c mod and it still doesnt make a lot of sense now that i have it out....
    well if you have read everything and it doesn't make any sense god help us explaining again for the umpteenth time it was explained in huge detail in ksellas posting.

whatever dude. thanks for the help. i thought this was a good forum where if somebody had a ligit question they could get a legit answer but i was wrong.

just forget i asked

Right side is the side of a car that the passenger sits on; left side is the side of the car the driver is on....in usa...lol. With that said the hose on the right side of the ski in the rear going to the intercooler is the inlet....the one on the left side of the ski going between rear of ski and the intercooler is the outlet. On the bottom of intercooler there are two fittings. The inlet will now go to both of them. The fitting on the top of the intercooler (hose from exhaust used to connect here) is now the outlet. Remove the hose and fitting from the exhaust and use brass plug to seal hole fittting came out of in exhaust. Look at other threads here and on 250xtech and you should find pics of the mod.

David

thank you for clarifying that for me. i get it now....

http://www.250xtech.com/

check here. there is a complete write up with pictures step by step.

thanks red08 and halfjeck i appricate your help. i got it all put back together with the i/c mod, BOV block off and 6* timeing advance. i just got off the lake and man that thing runs likea compleatly different ski! it almost feels like it cavitates from and dead stop WOT but then i just hooks up and frikin screems! i went from 7600 rpm to 7800 rpm and all around the power band is night and day better i love it and next i will be going to the kawi dealer to get the 2*lx wedge and then after that i plan on geting a riva ride plate and free flow exhaust (secondary water box removal).

i talked with skip and he said that the 2*wedge and riva plate are fast but kinda dangerous...does anybody have this setup on their ski now? how does it perform? if i dont like the 2* wedge then i will either go stock or 1* r&d wedge and experiment with which one i like the best...

If your riding in rough waters RD plate with 1 degree wedge is a good combo. I had a two degree on there and it was ok but did not handle as well, and got kinda squirely at high speed. Never had a problem with it though and it was a bit drier ride.

for now i only ride on a lake and 90% of the time glass water and the rest of the time 1-2' waves+chop. i would like to ride more on rivers where its all glass but i dont know if that will happen.

Thread Information