Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Cant get Polaris service manual to print...

Wow I found the 92-98 Polaris service manual I need, I can download and view, but that rascal will not print. Is it somehow print protected or am I missing something? I am on a newish Mac but have a paid copy of Acrobat and other software and have never had this issue. thanks in advance.

Can anyone email me a copy in printable form, or provide me with some other link? thanks

+1
    You want to print the entire manual?
    The actual paper manual is 2 inches thick,printed on both sides of each page.

It may be too big of a file to print.

+1
    Preview.app should be able to print this file just fine. Usually Adobe apps and Macs don't have any problems so this surprises me a bit. Try opening the file with Preview and see if it will print the first several pages for you. It may be a matter of the print file being so huge that the print spooler is choking.

What brand of printer are you using? Sometimes Apple's drivers for older printers are okay, but you may loose some functionality (duplex, etc) if the printer is too old. I've found that to be true with my HP All-In-One printer. Also, if it's an HP, sometimes the printer spooler can be a bit funky with large jobs.

Copy shops won't touch printing this. As a worst case scenario you might see if a local library has a laser printer and find out if you can print this file there

KJ

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    The current 1992-1998 online service manual PDF is password protected, with printing disabled.

+1
    What was that password???

greenhulk

Thanks guys. I have a network with several printers on it, thing is the print command itself was disabled so the password protected print disabled comment makes sense. Weird thing was I could print the polaris owners manual and some other stuff, so it was inconsistent, but I appreciated the forum access in any case.

Well, the SBT kawasaki 750 engine just showed up a two days early, so the polaris just went back burner. If anyone has a good slt-700 piston jug combo sitting around for sale I would like to buy. thanks again, off the the kawasaki forum.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    What was that password???

greenhulk

Look for the white text.

+1
    Oh, sure, now you're just giving it away! It took me 30 min's to guess it....

I downloaded it and printed it off at work lol .. no problem no password .. was about 4 inches thick and 700 pages later

Quote Originally Posted by dollaman View Post
    I downloaded it and printed it off at work lol .. no problem no password .. was about 4 inches thick and 700 pages later
    OK, was it a windows machine running what software? I could try it elsewhere. thanks. PS. I could get the "owners manual" to print, but not the service or parts manual, so its not a global issue.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information