splash guard question

First thank you franko for the "how to install splash guard", it helped alot with the install. I put my Jet trim flamed splash guard on yesterday and let me tell you, pain in the butt! If it was not for using contact cement, I dont know how I could have done it.
    Now I have to go ride it to see how much it will help keep me dry, but before I do, does anyone glue the front bumper to splash guard? I was wondering if this would keep the splash guard from tearing.
    Bill

Here's how I installed one on a 2000 XP. I did some good wave jumping and ocean riding for 4 years and it stayed in place. I know this is after the fact that you've already installed yours but it might help if it comes off.

First, remove the rub rail inserts from the side rub rails and front bumper. Drill out the rivets holding in the rub rail about 2/3 way back from the nose to the rear. Dry fit the splash guard by tucking it under the rub rail between the rub rail and hull. Drill holes in the splash guard in line with the existing rivet holes in the hull. Epoxy the splash guard to the hull. Use LONG rivets to resecure the rub rail and nose bumper where the splash guard is located. Use the regular rivets along the remaining side of the hull where the side rub rail was and is to be riveted. This should be a good tight fit and the epoxy worked great for me.

I installed mine using sst nuts and bolts. I have the splash guard glued to the rail, with weldwood contact cement, just wondering if anyone glued the front inner plastic bumper to the splash guard?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by headbush View Post
    I installed mine using sst nuts and bolts. I have the splash guard glued to the rail, with weldwood contact cement, just wondering if anyone glued the front inner plastic bumper to the splash guard?
    I did not glue the nose guard to the splash guard. I don't really see any benefit from gluing it. The problem I see with doing that is if you ever have to replace the splash guard, you might have to buy a new nose guard. But I don't think that is a big deal. If your splash guard ever gets ripped off, you will lose your nose guard, but that usually happens even if it's not glued on. Glad the "How To" helped.

Thread Information