951 Inductive Pickup Replacement

Hey all,

So i tore my stator cover off, and found that my inductive pickup had some rust on the end of it, so i bought a new one.

How do i extract the pins out of the connector on the cover?

After that, there was a plastic cylinder looking thing that came out of the cover when i took it off, but i didnt see wher eit came from. What does it do, and where does it go?

Thanks!

+1
    I think there is a special tool to do the connector pins. You may be able to pick one up a Radio Shack.

That plastic thing is the oil pump drive. It fits on the end of the crank shaft over the nut and has a slot that the oil pump's tab fits into.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    I think there is a special tool to do the connector pins. You may be able to pick one up a Radio Shack.

That plastic thing is the oil pump drive. It fits on the end of the crank shaft over the nut and has a slot that the oil pump's tab fits into.
    OK ...

So once i separate the connector from the mag cover, the gray connector housing is all one piece, that doesnt separate, correct? I will have to go over to radio shack and look for pin extractors....the ones i have for GM weatherpack style and these dont look the same...

Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    OK ...

So once i separate the connector from the mag cover, the gray connector housing is all one piece, that doesnt separate, correct? I will have to go over to radio shack and look for pin extractors....the ones i have for GM weatherpack style and these dont look the same...
    Figured it out guys:

Thats a picture of an unassembled connector. to disassemble an assembled connector, use a precision screwdriver or other small pick to remove wedge lock, then slide the locking tab on the pin towards the center of the connector.

remove pin.

Done!

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Sorry! Didn't see the thread sooner...you got it though...

The Female side of the Deusche connector is a little different inside, but has the same principle of releasing/locking the Pins.

Just make a note of the orientation of the Pin position #'s which are embossed into the plastic and the colors of the wires.

Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post
    The Female side of the Deusche connector is a little different inside, but has the same principle of releasing/locking the Pins.

Just make a note of the orientation of the Pin position #'s which are embossed into the plastic and the colors of the wires.
    Yeah things worked good

I tested, i have spark again

It got dark before i could finish putting the new pipe on though, i got a white pipe to hopefully liven this thing up a bit

+1
    I was thinking of the crimper tool. Cool, glad you got it. I should have checked the manual.

Quote Originally Posted by KrunchovXPL-GTX-RX View Post
    I was thinking of the crimper tool. Cool, glad you got it. I should have checked the manual.
    No problem man, all i did was find the part number for the connector on the connector housing, and google it. I sometimes forget that google is my friend

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by David_HX_RXP View Post

David likes that word Deusche...

Thread Information