Fueling question? I want to run a 07 RR ECU & rrfpr w/ rude2. What size inj to run?

I'm wanting to run a 07 Rotax Racing ECU w/ a Rude2 charger, and I'm trying to figure out how to setup the fuel for this... I know it's not ideal as the RR ECU is mapped for 38#(?) injectors, but I think I can make it work, as I have seen a number of people running 42# injectors with the 07RR ECU, and a rrfpr. I just got the RR ECU in the mail as I was on my way to the lake for the weekend, and dont have my A/F with me this weekend. And was so excited to get down here, I left it at home! I also have a BEGI I can hookup if I cant get the A/F right with just an rrfpr and 42's. But for now, just to run around on a bit Can I run the RR ECU with 50's? I realize it will be rich on the bottom, but how rich? Would that be safe just to run for the weekend? I have all the necessary tools/parts with me to install a rrfpr regulator in an 08 model. And will probably end up doing it one night this weekend, but was hoping for a setup I could just roll with it a little real quick

Thanks in advance guys!

Well, I can tell you what has worked with a stock ECU and a 2rude. RRFPR set to 52 psi base pressure w/50s will get you in the ball park. Idle AFR will be around 11.0 and WOT around 11.5-12.0

Fuel pressure at WOT of 58psi has gotten me a AFR of 11.8-12.0 with a 2rude and 50s on a stock ECU. 13 psi of [email protected] 8100 RPM.

With the begi setup. Dynamic Fuel Pressure at idle of 38 psi and WOT Fuel Pressure of 58 psi is what I am running. But you will have a lean spot around 4000-5000 RPM. I run a begi 2025 with a onset adjustment so I was able to adjust it out. But you need the AFR meter for that.
    Hope this helps.

+1
    isnt the 07 RR ecu mapped for 42# injectors? Could you not go with 42# injectors, higher capacity fuel pump, RRFPR, and tune from there?

I thought it was mapped for 38# injectors. It's impossible, for me anyway, to get any specs on the Rotax Racing stuff. I really wish it were available. But I thought all Rotax Racing ECU's were mapped for the OEM 215hp injectors, until the 08 model that was mapped for 60's. But if someone knows different for certain, please let me know.

Man, I love Rotax Racing ECU's I can run my red led backlit Boat display again! don't have to worry about loosing, or mixing up keys. I just need a knock gauge now, I'm looking into that, I got a gauge haha.

+1
    Humm yeah I think your right... but there are people running it with bigger injectors and a rrfpr.

After researching this issue further, I stand corrected. All Rotax Racing ECU's prior to the 2008 8800RPM model that is mapped for 60# injectors, are mapped for 42# injectors.

Which is fantastic! They should then run 50# injectors without being too far off the map, and im combination with a rrfpr and a fuel pump to match should supply plenty of fuel to run a rude2 in the correct A/F ratio range!

Now I just have to modify my 08 fuel pump to accommodate a rrfpr of some sort. Not near as easy as doing it on a pre-07 model, But Shouldnt be too difficult to handle. Especially with Danny's (Damn I'm a badass ) fuel rail

Thread Information