Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Yamaha FZS Questions

Whats up guys! I think I'm going to trade in my Ultra tomorrow for a new FZS. Mods, feel free to move if it should not be in this section. I have a few questions. Even if you only want to answer just one, that would be great.

1. Is there any difference between the Riva and R & D Intake Grates? If so, which one is recommended. I see that Greenhulks build uses the Riva.

2. Should I get the same speeds with the FZS compared to the FZR? I know that the S is an inch longer and 6 or 7 lbs heavier.

3. If you were going to mod in phases, how would you start modding the ski? I do plan to go with the MoTec but not right out of the gate.

4. At cruising speed, how many miles can you go on a tank?

+1
    1) Nobody knows the differences yet. Jerry is gonna be doing back-to-back runs with both soon.

2) I thought the only difference between the two is the tow hook and seat?

3) First mod has to be the intake grate. I'm sure you've heard about the bucking issue.

If it was me, I'd start with the RIVA intake, R&D intake manifold upgrade/CFM kit, and the RIVA exhaust. You'll be all over the rev limiter at that point. You can get an impeller now or wait later to save some $$$ as you will need a taller one then as well.

Then I'd move on to the RIVA intercooler and get the HKS BOV installed as well (I'm sure you know about SC clutch issues).

Lastly its time for a new SC wheel, R&D engine cooling kit, MoTeC, and impeller again. Riva has a 16 PSI wheel coming out soon.

Well that's the order I'd do it in anyway. Maybe someone else can chime in about uprading the fuel pump, injectors, etc as I don't know much about that.

4) I get 70-80 miles on the SHO

Welcome to the YAMMI forum!!!!

+1
    1. I thought the Riva cracked in half?
    2. The seat is the only real difference. They are same hull.
    3. Get the motec out of the gate. Don't bother with anything else till then.

+1

Modifications by numbers.

1. Motec. Plug it in (takes 10 minutes) and then upgrade the software whenever you do anything else, as each mod thereafter will change the baseline performance for you.
    2. Then do anything you want. Otherwise you kidding yourself. The oem ecu will just limit you in every direction.
    1 x 2cent donation.(ps, when your finished with your ski and want to move to rally driving in your evo, change to Seadoo or Kawa or Honda, just take to out the M400, buy another interface harness and off you go. You get the idea.)

Motec and SHO

I know there are multiple threads dedicated to this but I am somewhat knew to jet skiing. Can someone explain in laymanís terms how a Motec ECU helps increase speed and by how much on a SHO when everything else on the Ski is stock. I donít want to spend more than 3G on mods so I am looking between the Riva stage 1 or Motec.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by tsho View Post
    I know there are multiple threads dedicated to this but I am somewhat knew to jet skiing. Can someone explain in laymanís terms how a Motec ECU helps increase speed and by how much on a SHO when everything else on the Ski is stock. I donít want to spend more than 3G on mods so I am looking between the Riva stage 1 or Motec.

Thanks
    The original ecu limits your max rpm and amount of boost applied. Motec, your free to choose. But if your not into tuning, distributors like Nils888 can help. They have a good base program for virtually every combination, even bog stock standard, Just give him a call or pm.

Hey Nils, don't forget my commission check(as if).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    1. Motec. Plug it in (takes 10 minutes) and then upgrade the software whenever you do anything else, as each mod thereafter will change the baseline performance for you.
    2. Then do anything you want. Otherwise you kidding yourself. The oem ecu will just limit you in every direction.
    1 x 2cent donation.
    Agree 100%.

+1
    I'll start with the grate and go from there. I just want to get on that thing and ride. I think I may go for Motec after that. I ended up with the Red. I have to say that usually I am not a fan of red but there is something nice with this red. I guess I will have to change my name. I should go with something a little more neutral since i have had 3 skis and three different brands.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by erckawasaki View Post
    I'll start with the grate and go from there. I just want to get on that thing and ride. I think I may go for Motec after that. I ended up with the Red. I have to say that usually I am not a fan of red but there is something nice with this red. I guess I will have to change my name. I should go with something a little more neutral since i have had 3 skis and three different brands.
    I wouldn't skip the BOV. With the motec the extra 1000 RPM's will increase the boost you're running....

Congrats on the new ski!

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I would have gone with the MoTec out the gate but so far they have not come up with a way to integrate the Cruise Control. When that becomes available... I will purchase one immediately.

For those who don't know... the cruise helps HUGE amounts when Riding the Rough! Just set your max and hold the hell on for the ride!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information