Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

water spots!!!!!!!!!!

hey there would anyone know how to remove water spots
    the last time i rid my jetski i forgot to wash it afterwards and i noticed there are water spots allover the body wich are hard to remove
    was wondering if there is some kind of liquid or gel that would remove them
    thanks any comments would be appreciated

Its better to burn out than fade away christian79's Avatar
    I would use a quick detailer and claybar. Then make sure you have a good coat of wax on the ski (2 to 3 coats for that beauty). I have found it is best to treat the hulls much like a car. Most skis are whiteish so you don't notice, but if you look hard enough you will find waterspots. Where I live we have very hard water and a good cleaning with soap and water followed by a claybar session and several coats of wax, and you are good to go. Just remember not to let your desire for a perfect finish destroy your love for the ski.

Good Luck,

-Christian79

Quote Originally Posted by christian79 View Post
    I would use a quick detailer and claybar. Then make sure you have a good coat of wax on the ski (2 to 3 coats for that beauty). I have found it is best to treat the hulls much like a car. Most skis are whiteish so you don't notice, but if you look hard enough you will find waterspots. Where I live we have very hard water and a good cleaning with soap and water followed by a claybar session and several coats of wax, and you are good to go. Just remember not to let your desire for a perfect finish destroy your love for the ski.

Good Luck,

-Christian79

hey there christian
    thanks for the tip
    il do that right away
    the only thing is that i just had my jetski painted and when i saw the marks not going with regular soap i went kinda nuts lllolll
    hopefully the clay bar would work
    thanks again buddy

Vinager and water. Wax never really worked for me, well if it did...didnt last long and came back.

I use Simple Green cleaner, I tried a few other methods including vinager and water which works good but kinda smells.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by YamahaPat View Post
    Vinager and water. Wax never really worked for me, well if it did...didnt last long and came back.
    This is one of the best ways I've found on my BLACK ski. You have to follow with a coat of spray wax on ANY of these caustic solutions... in other words, if it can remove a water spot, it can remove your wax.

I purchased a chemical sprayer from the garden department at wallymart, then keep a 50/50 solution in it.

+1
    demin water final rinse down...im lucky as we make this at work to run our boilers on so i have stock of the stuff steved thinks i wax it every time..

now days you can get a inline filter for your taps to remove most the TDS (total disolved solids)cause of spots they work well and dont cost that much to fit a line in your garage for a final rinse and just put you ski away

+1
    They don't work very long in AZ. Our water is absolutely horrible here in Phoenix. It's barely drinkable.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotoys View Post
    They don't work very long in AZ. Our water is absolutely horrible here in Phoenix. It's barely drinkable.
    my god you have the big fire ball of death hunting you down and now bad water... i feel for you guys....

vinegar it is then

+1
    Our purification stations are nearly overwhelmed by keeping their plants clear of the solids once removed. You must have a wafer softener and filter out here to actually drink the water.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information