Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Decisions Decisions

Aight I just came across a 2006 FX HO for $8,000 with less than 25 hours. I know that it is not supercharged like the FZs are. I can buy the FX now but the FZ would wait til srping of 2010. The FX is black and a gold color which looks sweet. I just don't know ifI want to wait and spend $12,000 on a new ski or save $4,000 and get a GOOD used ski from a friend. So, what would y'all do?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Wolf View Post
    Aight I just came across a 2006 FX HO for $8,000 with less than 25 hours. I know that it is not supercharged like the FZs are. I can buy the FX now but the FZ would wait til srping of 2010. The FX is black and a gold color which looks sweet. I just don't know ifI want to wait and spend $12,000 on a new ski or save $4,000 and get a GOOD used ski from a friend. So, what would y'all do?
    The FXHO doesn't seem like that great a deal to me. I got my SHO cruiser for 8500 last April. Maybe the seller can be a little more flexible on the price..

By spring in 2010 FZs should start making their way to the used market, so you wouldn't HAVE to drop 12,000 for one.

I haven't heard of any FZ owners who don't absolutely LOVE their ski

But ultimately it's up to you. The two skis you describe are completely different machines. How do you like to ride?

+1
    Do some research on all of the skis you consider. Test ride if you can. No matter how much money you save, you could end up buying a turd and you will not be happy at all.
    If you can, wait till the fall before you buy anything. The deals will really be abundant then. Also, do some searching on boat trader. You might find something that you can save a lot of money on but it may cost you a 4 hour drive or more.
    Good luck.

+1
    I just got my new in the crate fzs ,zero hours, for 11200 out the door TT&L.........in ft worth Tx, he has a few more for the same deal. I promise, you would like the fzr much better.

I have seen deals around Charlotte lately for FZs running $11,600 without TT&L. So, after talking with the wife, I think it would be in our best interest to wait until Spring of next year to buy a new ski. This way I get a new ski with a warranty, and one (hopefully, lol) without any mechanical issues, like a used ski can bring without my knowledge. But will still go and test ride the used FX that is being sold. Since I have not ridden or driven one of these new 4 stroke skis. This gives me alot of time to do as much research as I can about these new skis. Plus I will be able to get a good deal on a 2009 model in 2010 with dealers wanting to get rid of all their old inventory. And this time frame also gives me plenty of time to save as much money as I can so, that I do not have a high monthly payment.

+1
    Yes sir , remember that to a dealer jet ski season is over and they are dumping their inventory right now...you may well find a left over that was hidden in the back of a shop, that would be cool. whatever you get make sure it what you want ,not what you can get. c ya...time to ride

$8,000.00 is very steep unless he has some sick mods. The NADA used value is about $5,500.00 on a 2006 FX HO. For point of reference last May I got my 08 SHO Cruiser with extended warranty and trailer for $8,500.00 with 33 hours on it.

+1
    I paid 11,700 for my FZS yesterday and that included everything.

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    Hilton Head Motorsports has a NEW 2008 Model FX HO for sale for $8300.00!! Ask for Walt...

They also had a NEW 2008 limited Edition Kawi Ultra 250 in the Green for the SAME Price!

I would look around... there are better deals out there!

+1
    Too much for an FX right now. Keep looking.And lots of luck. Do your self a favor and ride an FZ before you put your money down on something else. Thats just me you may be riding on a 100 acre lake. Dont get the FZ if it is then.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information