2007 250x low boost 9-10 psi

I have checked the stock air box horn to make sure it is not rubbing the hull, check supercharger belt, block relieve valve by capping the outlet, new spark plugs, tighten all exhaust clamps, new exhaust gaskets when I did gio mod and clean the IC per Skip direction.

When I go full throttle in 90 deg weather, 80 degree water it goes to 9 psi on the stock gauge and about 5-10 seconds of full throttle it goes to 10 psi. Next is to check the blowoff valve (vaccum releases the air).

I am assuming stock boost is 11 psi on stock gauge. Also I think stock gauge is accurate as my top speed is a little slower than other 250x in the area under same conditions.

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated?
    Last edited by creativepuzzle; 07-11-2009 at 06:36 PM. Reason: miss putting information

+1
    You could block off the BOV. Its cheap and effective to make sure the stock BOV isn't leaking. Also recheck hose clamps for the big air hoses to and from the intercooler. If they are leaking even slightly you will loose boost. Check your oil level cause if you are high, more oil will get in the intercooler and you will have to flush again.

+1
    Also you ride in hot conditions and hot water so you will want to do one of the intercooler mods if you have not already done so. Riva has one where you have to drill through the hull and is not reversible, but it is effective. There is also one that is cheap and effective but you will have to get info on that one from other people.

I already block off the BOV and performed the dual cool water intake mod on the IC. I just removed my relief valve hose going back to the air box to check if the relief valve is operating.

At idle, it is blowing off alot of air like it should since engine it at vacuum. I then shutoff the engine and remove the vacuum line from intake manifold to the Relieve valve so there is no vaccum on the relief valve. I would think the relief valve should be closed at all times unless there is a vaccum to pull it open. I start the engine and put my thumb to close the leak at the intake manifold and the relief valve is still blowing air.

I think I finally found my problem. I will test it next week with a new relief valve if I can find one in time.

Thread Information