Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 98 GSXL No Fuel

98 GSXL No Fuel

Hey guys

Well i figured out my problem with no spark, replaced the inductive pickup.

I put the thing back together, i fire it up, it burns through the fuel in the bowls, and now has no fuel at all! I checked the fuel filter up front and no fuel is making it there.

I drained the oil out of the reservoir for the 2 stroke oil since i pre mix now, is the MPEM smart enough to not give it fuel when it senses no oil? I tried pouring some back in and it has ~ half a tank now, but still says low oil, and still no fuel.

Where do I start?

UPDATE:

I know this is a pressurization issue of some sort, the ski has no fuel again after riding it for about 5 minutes. I know i have good flow to the carbs, and to the fuel filter, so the only thing left is pressurization. When i blew an air gun into the tank, it seemed to hold pressure, but for some reason the fuel pump isnt creating its own pressure apparently. Where do i go now knowing this?
    Last edited by radeon; 07-27-2009 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by radeon View Post
    Hey guys

Well i figured out my problem with no spark, replaced the inductive pickup.

I put the thing back together, i fire it up, it burns through the fuel in the bowls, and now has no fuel at all! I checked the fuel filter up front and no fuel is making it there.

I drained the oil out of the reservoir for the 2 stroke oil since i pre mix now, is the MPEM smart enough to not give it fuel when it senses no oil? I tried pouring some back in and it has ~ half a tank now, but still says low oil, and still no fuel.

Where do I start?
    anyone?

nobody? im stumped!

+1
    radeon,

If you're getting no fuel at the fuel filter (up front) this may suggest your filter screen on the baffle pick up (inside your fuel tank) may be completely plugged.

I know when I took my gas tank out for cleaning that screen was full of gunk and I replaced that screen.

Try bypassing and connect straight to your carb, see if she starts up and runs. May even have a plugged fuel selector. Have you replaced your grey fuel lines?

Hopefully others can chime in.

Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    radeon,

If you're getting no fuel at the fuel filter (up front) this may suggest your filter screen on the baffle pick up (inside your fuel tank) may be completely plugged.

I know when I took my gas tank out for cleaning that screen was full of gunk and I replaced that screen.

Try bypassing and connect straight to your carb, see if she starts up and runs. May even have a plugged fuel selector. Have you replaced your grey fuel lines?

Hopefully others can chime in.
    Fuel lines had all been replaced a year ago.

I disconnected the 5/8th line going from the fuel filter to the carb, and put it in a gas can and cranked it, and still got no fuel into the carbs .. (i dont know if this is a good test of the baffle being plugged or not)

also: is there a way to get the tank out without pulling the motor?

How is the oring in the filter. needs to be there and good also the fuel valve needs to be on reserve if its low on fuel. It could be clogged too. Sounds like you need to look at what you did first to see what has changed

+1
    If your setup is similar to mine, I found no other option other than to take out the motor.

Also, check your carb. which may be restricting fuel flow - process of elimination, start simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Petron View Post
    If your setup is similar to mine, I found no other option other than to take out the motor.

Also, check your carb. which may be restricting fuel flow - process of elimination, start simple.
    Its not the carb.

I had this apart to replace the ignition thing, when i put it back together, it started right up. Until it ran out of the fuel already in the carbs .... then it died and lost fuel.

Fuel lines on the correct Baffle Pick up and On / Off / Reserve switch Barbs. ?

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information