Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

weekend update 7/11..

Most have continued to post their work in last weeks 7/3 thread.. tell us what you hope to do this weekend if you've not posted already in the 7/3 thread..

thanks for participating in these weekend threads, as its a great recap of the normal threads others post ( some times we lose track and personally I feel this lets me catch up in case I miss something!!!)

my days have been filled with trip planning for a visit up to the Chain O Lakes..(maybe arrangements can be made to meet a few of you fellows while up there?) ...have a family get together so thats where my times gone...thou helped a friend with his 115 yami outboard ( this yamiha know-how pays off sometimes!!)

still rain and storms here, but we sure can use the water. The lakes are rising slow but sure inland...(it's so much nicer than a hurricane rains and weather.. i'll take this anyday!!!)

Old School Never Dies! codemanrose's Avatar
    Still lookin at boats even tho I'm not buying one till next year. Getting a new truck in a little over a month so looking at what I wan't.

Got a chance to run the Raider at the lake on glass. A guy on a GTX 185 came flying by me when I was out crusing. It was glass water so I was happy about that. We both whipped our machines around and gave it everything. Smoked him out of the hole and we ran for a good mile to mile and a quarter and he still didn't have enough time to catch up. Feels good to do that again. Might be my last time but hopefully not.

+1
    I have a small water leak to fix,I gained RPM I saw a peak of 7500 rpm in superman and 7450 on the seat.
    Ski is running good and because of the leak I ran with the seat off.
    The 99 is getting faster each time out
    Ski is running very hot still.
    2nd ski is waiting on o.rings for the cool head,
    I had a blast today but there weren't any fast skis to race though.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    My girlfriend and I went for a ride on the Pasquatank River in Elizabeth City. Nice, glassy water... So we see a Wildlife Officer who had boarded a BIG ass catamaran. We idled by him like we were supposed to. I told Chrissy "Don't worry, he will be coming for us shortly". After we got past them, I drilled it and we were cruising right along at 50 or Whatever WOT gives me.

Sure enough, we were still going, and all of a sudden "WOOOOOoooooop"..

The siren scared the hell out of her. I immediately chopped the throttle, and stopped. All he wanted was to make sure I had a fire extingusher, and that my registration was current. The NC Wildlife guys are really cool here. He said "Man, you guys were moving right along!".. Yeah, but I've got nothing for a 21' Parker center console with a 300 Mercury on it....

Anyway, it was a good time on the river yesterday.... I still need to fine tune a couple of things, but all is well so far.....

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I have a small water leak to fix,I gained RPM I saw a peak of 7500 rpm in superman and 7450 on the seat.
    Ski is running good and because of the leak I ran with the seat off.
    The 99 is getting faster each time out
    Ski is running very hot still.
    2nd ski is waiting on o.rings for the cool head,
    I had a blast today but there weren't any fast skis to race though.
    SKI RUNNING HOT...is this because your running on the ragged edge with adjustment?...speed demon!!!

A thought struck me reading this and your thread.... if you have an aftermarket head and i'm assuming you bolted up the new oring head, could you be dumping water to quickly out of the motor thru more than one bypass in the head..?

is it possible for this to happen and leave you with hotspots that are not able to radiate heat to the cooling water effectively????

this would be like takeing a thermostat out of a cooling circut on a automobile engine and its not able to cool as the flow is to fast for the radiator to cool it all quickly enough???

might it be possible, that if you keep the water in there a bit longer with less flow it may cool better.. my 2 cents...

Hopefuly I will finish re-assembling my ski and have it running by this afternoon.

Here come the smokers! OBXJeepGuy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying Scotsman View Post
    I saw a peak of 7500 rpm in superman and 7450 on the seat.

Whew.... I WISH my twin would turn 7500, and make power up there... The best I can do is 68-6900, and the limiter is set at 7200 from the factory.

It's funny how the triples turn up higher than the twins. I always thought it would be the other way around!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    SKI RUNNING HOT...is this because your running on the ragged edge with adjustment?...speed demon!!!

A thought struck me reading this and your thread.... if you have an aftermarket head and i'm assuming you bolted up the new oring head, could you be dumping water to quickly out of the motor thru more than one bypass in the head..?

is it possible for this to happen and leave you with hotspots that are not able to radiate heat to the cooling water effectively????

this would be like takeing a thermostat out of a cooling circut on a automobile engine and its not able to cool as the flow is to fast for the radiator to cool it all quickly enough???

might it be possible, that if you keep the water in there a bit longer with less flow it may cool better.. my 2 cents...
    My ski is running about as hot as I would dare run her.
    All she needs is more cooling I have 3 outlets of my head and it got cooler when I added the 3rd fitting.
    I only have 1 1/2" water line coming in when I add another the temp should go down a good amount.

+1
    Blaster #3 hit the water for a short ride.

Noticed a few things....

I need to lose some poundage.

I need to buy some glasses/goggles for when I ride.

I need to "standardize" my throttles between my Raptor and Blasters. Either all thumb, or all finger.

After installing a few items, cf reeds, velocity stack, porting the intake, etc., I need to play with the jetting a bit.

Only thing is, I won't do that until after I raise the compression. I need more power.

Now to decide if I want to continue to look for domes for my Yamaha/Westcoast head, or just buy a different one and sell this one?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information