+1

Intake Manifold Upgrade

I see that Riva and R & D both have an Intake Manifold Upgrade. Are they the same? Why the price difference? Which would you choose? Or go with the R&D SHO Power Core Intake Manifold/Intercooler CFM Kit?

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I bought the CFM kit and will be installing it this week. I can say they were VERY Prompt at getting the parts to me! I ordered it at 2pm Thursday and they had it shipped out to me for Friday delivery.

I ordered a waterproof boost guage from Livorsi Thursday and it has YET to ship!! ARRRRGH!!!

I honestly do not know what to expect from the Intercooler spacer, but it will give me the opportunity to open it up and check it out if nothing else. I hear there are rubber blocks inside it, no one has posted any pics and the instructions do not say anything about removing them... so, here I go clueless. There are many threads with the directions of how people here found it best to remove the entire intake to change out the insert. I will do the same and tap it for a boost fitting.

+1
    Intake Manifold Upgrade
    I see that Riva and R & D both have an Intake Manifold Upgrade. Are they the same? Why the price difference? Which would you choose? Or go with the R&D SHO Power Core Intake Manifold/Intercooler CFM Kit?
    If you plan to keep the stock IC I'd go with the complete kit with the CFM spacer to get more airflow, otherwise buy whichever manifold piece is cheaper...they do the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    I bought the CFM kit and will be installing it this week. I can say they were VERY Prompt at getting the parts to me! I ordered it at 2pm Thursday and they had it shipped out to me for Friday delivery.

I ordered a waterproof boost guage from Livorsi Thursday and it has YET to ship!! ARRRRGH!!!

I honestly do not know what to expect from the Intercooler spacer, but it will give me the opportunity to open it up and check it out if nothing else. I hear there are rubber blocks inside it, no one has posted any pics and the instructions do not say anything about removing them... so, here I go clueless. There are many threads with the directions of how people here found it best to remove the entire intake to change out the insert. I will do the same and tap it for a boost fitting.
    Leave the rubber blocks in place, but remove the rubber diverter that connects them & sits on the ridge on the housing cover. You will have to remove the manifold to get the throttle body off in order to install the manifold upgrade. For the boost gauge you can either drill & tap the manifold while you have it off or buy the R&D adaptor that attaches to the MAP sensor bracket. Did R&D send you the replacement diverter with the CFM kit?

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    If you plan to keep the stock IC I'd go with the complete kit with the CFM kit to get more airflow, otherwise buy whichever manifold piece is cheaper...they do the same thing.

Leave the rubber blocks in place, but remove the rubber diverter that connects them & sits on the ridge on the housing cover. You will have to remove the manifold to get the throttle body off in order to install the manifold upgrade. For the boost gauge you can either drill & tap the manifold while you have it off or buy the R&D adaptor that attaches to the MAP sensor bracket. Did R&D send you the replacement diverter with the CFM kit?
    Nope... received nothing other than the spacer and the billet TB insert. They didn't say anything about a diverter when I ordered or I would have bought it.

I plan on installing a much larger intercooler in the rear and running some sweet Titanium tubes I have left over from an airplane at work. That should certainly drop the intake temps.

Thread Information