Cool ARX1200T3 wont go over 14 mhp

I have 2 of these skis one is working fine and the other wont get over14 miles an hour. I filled both with gas prior to storage. Both were working fine before I stored inside the garage. I put seafoam in the problem ski and no change. I pulled 2 of the 4 plugs and they are pretty black. The plugs appear to have the tips still present. I was going to try to clean the plugs and regap any other suggestions? Octane boost ect....

+1
    I have the same issue but my ski won't go beyond 27mph. I was told to start with the basics (per two forums) since I just bought this 2002 F-12X - new oil, plugs and new gas. I am going to switch them out today so I'll let you know if they help later this week.

ok, thanks

Appologizes for the last user title katz1002's Avatar
    are the skis running mechanically sound? do they rev but no power?do they bog when attempting to accelerate does pulling the choke out partway help? or fully? Can you hold them full throttle and the motor revs but only to about 4000 rpm or do they rev to max? need more info, oh octane booster can hurt 2 strokes FYI! seafoams always good and theres No reason to change oil unless you think its contaminated or youve mixed synthetic and dino oil. let us know.

clayton

It's amazing but a lot of problems are cured on these skis just by changing the plugs out. I've bead blasted mine before and ended up having to put new in to solve the problem. A lot of times the plugs look good but don't be fooled. You won't find a choke on it (fuel injected) also it's a 4 stroke motor. There could be several reasons for your problem but I'd start with the simple basic stuff first and see what happens.

This may be a stupid question but the limit mode is not on is it.

no, the limit mode is off. I was just having a hard time locating new plugs. I will order some and see what happens. The sad part if you look the plugs up they are supposed to long lasting. With less than 60 hrs on them and fouling 12 dollar lugs you kida get agrivated. Oh well welcome to boating.

Other then that the skis sound and are 4 stroke.

+1

plugs

I found the plugs at NAPA locally. No one else had them. The Quick Reference Guide in my 2002 ARX1200T3 Owner's Manual says the NGK plug number is IMRD9D-9H but NAPA and NGK say the number is IMR9D-9H.

I found some on ebay @ $9.25 ea so i bought 8. Shoud have them by week end....will see!

Check on other thread f12x

We have a the same discussion on the other thread about the f12x if you could check that out, it will start you in the right direction to figure the problem out.

Promod
    H20 Xtreme Inc
    [email protected]

Thread Information