still stumped . HELP!!!!!!!

ok my 96 seadoo 800 still isnt running ive postted threads b4 trying to get help but im listeing everything ive done and it is still pushing fuel away from the carbs instead of pulling fuel into them

-i dessembled the top end to replace some pushed out gaskets i took the engine out of the hull to do it so i could clean out the inside of the hull

-the ski ran b4 i took it apart

-i put the ski back together and it didnt run at all, it would sputter everynow and then but it nvr would crank up and run

-i checked all the fuses, grounds (cleaned all grounds)and wires....one fuse was coddoded but i replaced it btu it still didnt run

-i did a full rebuild on the carbs thinking it was the carb diaphrams but i rebuild it all since i had it apart. They needed the carbs were pretty nasty. I have taken the fuel check valves out and made sure they were right

-ive checked myself over and over to make sure all the ful lines are hooked up right. they are all correct, the vents arent clogged and yes it has gas in the tank

- i bought a degree wheel from wsm and set the timing according the repair manual i have. the rotary valve is a little bend on one side...idk if that would keep it from running or not??????

-the fuell baffle isnt clogged neither is the petcock or the fuel filter, the petcock has been cleaned and the filter was replaced

and ever since i set the timing it is blowing air out of the pulse line fitting on the block. i dont think thats right???? i hav e flourscent racing lines and i prime the fuel lines and when i turn the motor over it pushes the gas back towards the fuel tank in waves and the fuel filter is dry

i need some serious help idk what else it can be and summer is halfway gone and i havent even rode it this summer

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    I think you answered your own question....you have your fuel lines backwards. you seem to have(or sounds like) your return line and your feed line backwards..

man ill check it again but ive checked it time and time again but i guess one more time wont hurt

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    its either that or you put the fuel pump back together wrong...not sure what else would reverse your fuel flow.

man the fuel lines were wrong, i fell so dumb as many times as ive taken those fuel lines off i would have swore my life i had them right but its pulling fuel now

but now it isnt getting a strong spark, it was none at 1st then i cleaned all the grounds. Some were pretty corroded and it has spark now but very very little

my battery was going dead , i think thats the problem????? i out the battery on trickle charge 2nite and imma give it another try tommorow

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    It's just the battery. Stock 96 ignitions are weak at best, when a battery is slightly low it gets real weak.

Glad you found your problem, let us know how she runs!

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    It wouldn't hurt to clip your plug wires back about 1/4 and install the boots. They get corroded at the ends over time especially if they are still stock wires.

I have to save up my pennies and get a msd enhancer for my baby. I found the cheapest at summit racing $299.00. I can only imagine what that does with a spec 2 HMMMMM....

Thread Information