2002 GTX Sat 3 years, new battery but now....

I purchased a 2002 GTX 4Tec in 2005. I rode it for 1 season and then parked it due to multiple surgeries over the last 4 years. We decided to get rid of it so I tried to charge the battery up to see if it would start. Unfortunately the battery was still in the ski when I hooked the charger up. I didn't see the little sticker that said that was a no no.

I pulled the battery out of the ski and replaced it with a new one. I checked all the fuses in the MPEM, the (2) fuses in the block connected to the MPEM and none were blown. I'm still not getting any beeps when the lanyard is connected and I can't get the beeps when I try to get into diagnostic mode.

Am I missing a fuse? I downloaded a manual for the ski, but the pic of the MPEM that is in the manual isn't the same as what is in my ski. I have 2 row's of fuses, but the manual show's only 1. Which is the correct number of rows?

I bought the ski from a fairly well know dealership in Souther California so I assumed they would know all the info on the ski, but I am begining to wonder.

Is there another fuse location other then on the left hand side of the engine compartment? I saw in the manual that there was a forward fuse location and a rear but I can't find another location. Is the rear location the 2 fuse holder bolted to the MPEM?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Banned User
    I had a friend with close to the same symptoms, it was a fuse.. Check all the fuses, the one I found was barely popped and almost un-noticeable.

the problem is if you put the key on and try to start it with a charger connected, usually it won't fry anything if you don't try starting it.

and if the battery has not been charged in 4-5 years it probably won't take a charge and should be replaced.

Thread Information