Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    +1

First Ride Numbers

Today was the skis first on the water. I rode for over 3 hours. It was choppy on the 3 rivers today but there were some spots to get some quick speed bursts. I ended up going 70 miles on the gps and then I hit the fuel buzzer. How many miles do you have left when you hit the buzzer? I didn't want to push it so I went to trailer it up. I was pleasantly surprised by how the ski handled. It felt so small and light compared to my old Ultra. It is so much more nimble and easy to jump with. Top speed that I reached today was 66 on the gps. It seems that when you have the ski slightly past 3/4 throttle, you are already going as fast as you are going to go. I was hoping for a little more, but I guess the conditions were not great so I'm thinking 67-68 stock is a possibility. I couldn't do any superman today cause I would get launched from the ski. Rpm's seemed to go right up to 7500 and stay there. Overall it was a good first day. How do my #'s stack up with other stock skis? I can't wait to get some new parts on here! Let me know if there is anything else that I should do to get more from the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by ercBOOSTED View Post
    Today was the skis first on the water. I rode for over 3 hours. It was choppy on the 3 rivers today but there were some spots to get some quick speed bursts. I ended up going 70 miles on the gps and then I hit the fuel buzzer. How many miles do you have left when you hit the buzzer? I didn't want to push it so I went to trailer it up. I was pleasantly surprised by how the ski handled. It felt so small and light compared to my old Ultra. It is so much more nimble and easy to jump with. Top speed that I reached today was 66 on the gps. It seems that when you have the ski slightly past 3/4 throttle, you are already going as fast as you are going to go. I was hoping for a little more, but I guess the conditions were not great so I'm thinking 67-68 stock is a possibility. I couldn't do any superman today cause I would get launched from the ski. Rpm's seemed to go right up to 7500 and stay there. Overall it was a good first day. How do my #'s stack up with other stock skis? I can't wait to get some new parts on here! Let me know if there is anything else that I should do to get more from the ski.

typical on fumes+...

You still have some hours to put on till your going to see some impressive speed numbers. Its opened up pretty good at 20 hours, thats what a lot of people have been noticing. Do you think its faster top end and out of the hole than your ultra?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by WavruninPWC View Post
    You still have some hours to put on till your going to see some impressive speed numbers. Its opened up pretty good at 20 hours, thats what a lot of people have been noticing. Do you think its faster top end and out of the hole than your ultra?
    Stock for stock they were very similar on the top end. My ultra was 66 and so was this one. They are hard to compare. The Ultra was so much bigger and more powerful out of the hole, but this is smaller and quick but is lacking the low end and mid range power. It was so long ago that my Ultra was stock. I'll get that speed and power up quick. I have dreams about MoTec and don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. I need to save some money but I don't want to wait. I might just throw it on credit and get it over with.

How fast was your ski when you first got it and did it gradually gain a little speed till you got where you are?

+1
    How many miles do you have left when you hit the buzzer?
    On the SHO I got on the buzzer and rode for about 10 more minutes. When I went to refuel I put 17.5 gallons in it. It's a 18.5 gal tank

I have dreams about MoTec and don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. I need to save some money but I don't want to wait.
    I know what you mean, bro

+1
    I have dreams about MoTec and don't know how long I'll be able to hold out. I need to save some money but I don't want to wait. I might just throw it on credit and get it over with.
    Step Away From The Forum.

Seriously, is there any way to "work-off" a tab for parts from 4-Tec Performance or do I have to get Her working the corner?

+1
    I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to new things for a new ski. I'm just going to charge it and pay it off over a few months. I don't want to take another hit to the account after all the money I paid for the ski. My credit card has a decent apr so I'll just go that route and get it over with.

+1
    I'm like a kid in a candy store when it comes to new things for a new ski.
    Two words: Home Equity.

You should ride my snowmobile.

+1
    Use balance xfers and keep the interest at 0%. Man I love sticking it to the banks who peddle the most evilest of evils. PLASTIC!

Or the good ole fashoned way. SAVE. But Obama will tell you that is bad. Credit is the lifeblood of our economy. What an effin joke. It's the poison.

/rant.

+1
    Why save when I can have it now????? I love credit. Maybe I'll tell my work that I need a raise.......but they may check my internet history and see that I'm on the internet half the day.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information