+1

water proof camera

im looking to get a water proof digital camera for anyone who has one whats a good one to go with?

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1

Waterproof Camera

I have a Sanyo Xacti Digital Movie camera that's waterproof to 1.5 meters (approx 6 feet). Takes both movies and still shots. Have had it for a while and it works well for both.

Olympus Stylus Tough 8000

I just got one and it's great. Waterproof up to 33 ft, shockproof (can drop it from 7 ft and no problems). 12 megapixels and a ton of options.

Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedorange View Post
    I just got one and it's great. Waterproof up to 33 ft, shockproof (can drop it from 7 ft and no problems). 12 megapixels and a ton of options.
    i have had this same one for a while the blue one and its the best water cam ever, i recommend you get the olympus float strap and the extended warranty because they do have a issue with the lens not opening and they cover it under warranty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by wave15stx View Post
    im looking to get a water proof digital camera for anyone who has one whats a good one to go with?
    How deep are you going?
    I have been using an Olympus Stylus on my scuba trips for a few years and it's pretty amazing for the cost, but to get the best results in deeper water you will be needing a housing with a strobe. I use a Sea & Sea strobe, this is placed on a flexible arm, which is important because it moves the light source OFF the camera and resolves the old problem of "backscatter" (reflected flash off suspended particles in the water) and gives you a much better lighting effect. Here's one of my shots, this was taken in Micronesia you can click on it for a closer look:

Moderated
    Quote Originally Posted by M447 View Post
    I have a Sanyo Xacti Digital Movie camera that's waterproof to 1.5 meters (approx 6 feet). Takes both movies and still shots. Have had it for a while and it works well for both.

i was just about to post a thread in here asking for cam advice...my xacti has died after 3 years of use , it just wont charge anymore....

Just snoozin' on the couch M447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by izz0 View Post
    i was just about to post a thread in here asking for cam advice...my xacti has died after 3 years of use , it just wont charge anymore....
    Sounds like you need to replace the battery. They do die after a while.

I checked Amazon.com and they carry replacement batteries for the Xacti starting at $6.99 used or $9.99 new. It's better than having to replace you camera!

+1
    Picked up this a few weeks back so far some good I like the quality and ease of use..

Olympus Stylus 850 SW 8MP Shockproof Waterproof Digital Camera

I just got a Olympus Stylus 1050 SW, So good so far only issue i didn't like about the olympus is you need to use a M+ card not a M which is what it came with to be able to record more than 10sec in VGA 30fps.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    Picked up this a few weeks back so far some good I like the quality and ease of use..

Olympus Stylus 850 SW 8MP Shockproof Waterproof Digital Camera

I have this one too, works well. Only thing is that the icons on the wheel have faded so its hard to see what mode you are in.

Thread Information