Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Nemo TB test results- Thanks Ross

Today was hot and humid. Not the air quality, but I decided to get off my butt and try out Ross Nemo's Taper Bore Throttle body Mod

I warmed up my ski for 15 minutes to heat up the engine. It was hot and very humid!
    My tests were completed back to back with in 20 minutes of both runs on 3 bars of fuel on smooth water in my local lake

My monitored 3 base line runs for rpms, over all acceleration in the bottom, mid and full throttle and peak speeds per my Garmin 305 Forerunner GPS

Air Temperature degrees F 89degree's
    Altimeter Setting inches Hg 29.92
    Dew Point degrees F 69
    Altitude feet 250

Relative Horsepower 97.5%

Normally my relative HP runs between 99 & 108%

My peak rpms for the un modded TB was 8400rpm's and 1/3 - 1/2 mile down the run and then faded to 8320-8350

I quickly swapped to the modded TB, warmed the motor up fully and road back to the same testing site.

Over throttle responses felt improved. Pulling harder and getting up to speed slightly quicker
    I definitely could feel a bottom end pull difference.

My peak rpms with the modded TB was 8450 and held at 8400 mostly and would flicker slightly below at times.

Like I stated earlier the air quality wasn't that great compared to the usual conditions

Speed I picked up 6/10th or .6 mph with a heat soaked motor, 85 degree water temp, high humidity & dew point.

Over all I'm very happy with the results. Maybe if it wasn't so hot & humid I would see better results. I donít really know Ross Nemo, so this isn't a solicited plug. Quality and turn around time was good and yes I would recommend this mod. I got .6 mph gain in the heat on an RXT. Nice work Ross and thanks for sharing this mod!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Ross is the man

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Great back to back testing Chris, Yes Ross does excellent work.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Today was hot and humid. Not the air quality, but I decided to get off my butt and try out Ross Nemo's Taper Bore Throttle body Mod

I warmed up my ski for 15 minutes to heat up the engine. It was hot and very humid!
    My tests were completed back to back with in 20 minutes of both runs on 3 bars of fuel on smooth water in my local lake

My monitored 3 base line runs for rpms, over all acceleration in the bottom, mid and full throttle and peak speeds per my Garmin 305 Forerunner GPS

Dew Point degrees F 69
    Altitude feet 250

My peak rpms for the un modded TB was 8400rpm's and 1/3 - 1/2 mile down the run and then faded to 8320-8350

I quickly swapped to the modded TB, warmed the motor up fully and road back to the same testing site.

Over throttle responses felt improved. Pulling harder and getting up to speed slightly quicker

My peak rpms with the modded TB was 8450 and held at 8400 mostly and would flicker slightly below at times.

Like I stated earlier the air quality wasn't that great compared to the usual conditions

Speed I picked up 6/10th or .6 mph with a heat soaked motor, 85 degree water temp, high humidity & dew point.

Over all I'm very happy with the results. Maybe if it wasn't so hot & humid I would see better results. I donít really know Ross Nemo, so this isn't a solicited plug. Quality and turn around time was good and yes I would recommend this mod. I got .6 mph gain in the heat on an RXT. Nice work Ross and thanks for sharing this mod!
    ok thas a good mods but make sure you put locktite on the 2 bolts in the flap recoment ! because thos screw will get loose and will go inside the intake a happent to me and if this happen in full speed is not funny the flap will move from the position and will get stock at full speed !

Great job with all the numbers Chris...It looks pretty consistent with others results, top end gains in the 50-80 rpm range.. I just took a call from another tester in miami that loves the low and midrange power gains more than the top end gains.
    Thanks for all the testing time spent.. By the way, a dewpoint of 69 is low for us here in florida, all week last week we had dewpoints in the 79-81 range! Worst i had ever felt here..

It should be said also, there are varying degrees of casting and transition irregularities in the seadoo throttle bodies. Earlier versions use a steel shaft and very long screws that are nothing short of nasty. The later versions use a brass shaft with cleaner screws but have an oiler spigot that gets in the way of airflow. All of them have problems near the blade on the housing front and rear sides.
    These varying degrees of differences play a role in what each individual gain will be.

Still 80rpms +- is no joke. Espically, with the affordable price and quality workmanship. I'll be getting another one done in the future for sure!

+1
    Nice back to back. I did testing within couple days of each other and although the 2nd day was a little worse air quality I still also noticed better holeshot, faster accelaration, and fatser top speed. My results are here http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=95457

+1
    Chris can you post his contact info.?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post

Dew Point degrees F 69
    Altitude feet 250

Did you have the TPS checked on both TBs?? Usually I have to have them reset to the ECU with the BUDDS software when changing. If its off it can slightly lean or richen the fuel curve and screw up results. However 80 rpms are great for such a small mod!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information