More help on my GPR....Now intermittent starting!

I went to ride tonight, on my 01 money pit. I put a quick charge on the battery before we left. When we got to the water I started it quick to get it primed, It fired after a few seconds. Once in the water, approx. 5 minutes later; it would not do anything when started. I opened the seat and could hear a buzzing from the fuse area. I checked everything in that area, all ok. Numerous attempts later and it fired and we rode for a hour or so. We even stopped once to swim. When loading to go home, it was started to move from dock to trailer. Once on land again, to flush; it would not start. Same buzzing, same area. I am going to replace battery b/c I am unsure of its age. If this does not do it, I am curious what the probelm could be. Any ideas from you guys here?

I have just had a similar problem with mine,it was hard to start and even after i had been out on it for half an hour or so,it wouldn't start 5mins later.Turned out to be the rectifier that bolts to the side of the fuse box,the wires had corroded and melted together,luckily no fire.

+1
    Check the starter solenoid in the CDI box as well.

The buzzing when trying to start comes from inside of the fuse box area. I got anew battery today and will put that in tomorrow to eliminate that possibility. I will look into the wires and fuse box area more closely. I hope its an easy fix.

Look at post #3. Is that the noise you are hearing?

It is a different craft, but could be similar. All I had to do was clean the connections....

Well, I put in the new battery and the ski fired right up. I started and stopped it atleast 5 times to make sure all was going to be ok. Looks like it was the solve to my problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed when I put it in the water again.

Quote Originally Posted by ramairformula74 View Post
    Well, I put in the new battery and the ski fired right up. I started and stopped it atleast 5 times to make sure all was going to be ok. Looks like it was the solve to my problem. I'll keep my fingers crossed when I put it in the water again.
    It might have been your connections. The solenoid was buzzing on my Polaris Virage and I just had to disconnect, clean, and reconnect.

Thread Information