Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. #1

    Polaris 750 SL - Where did my power go?

    The motor sounds great but I can't get much power. I changed the plugs, looked for water in the gas tank, looked for anything caught in the intake grid or the impellar and it's all looking clean. So my baby can putter about but can't get enough speed to plane out of the water. Anyone have any ideas?

    J


  2. #2
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Have you checked the basics?

    Cylinder compression, spark on all plugs?

    Does it sound like it is revving up, but not delivering the power to the jet pump, or is the engine bogging and running rough.

    Metallic whining sound?

  3. #3
    She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Cleveland OH
    Posts
    17,330
    +1
    31
    Stripped driveshaft splines or engine coupler.

    Excessive impeller to wear ring clearance.

    Poor pump seal?

  4. #4
    The motor sounds like it's running great even on the top end. but not enough power to get on top of the water. Haven't checked for spark but did change the plugs.

  5. #5
    Oh not sure if this is relevant but I found a 3" line (light blue/green colour) in the bottom when I was taking water out of the interior. It was right in front of the battery section. Unlike Ikea every part is probably important but not sure where this goes.

  6. #6
    Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    near Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    36,596
    +1
    1,276
    Quote Originally Posted by skidiva View Post
    The motor sounds like it's running great even on the top end. but not enough power to get on top of the water.

    Haven't checked for spark but did change the plugs.
    Quote Originally Posted by xlint89 View Post
    Stripped driveshaft splines or engine coupler.

    Excessive impeller to wear ring clearance.

    Poor pump seal?
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Have you checked the basics?

    Cylinder compression, spark on all plugs?

    Does it sound like it is revving up, but not delivering the power to the jet pump, or is the engine bogging and running rough.

    Metallic whining sound?
    Do the basic checks on the engine.

    If that all seems good, then pull the jet pump, and check the drive splines at both ends of the drive shaft, engine coupler, and impeller.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 1999 Genesis - Where did the power go?
    By timeoff in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 08-25-2012, 10:11 PM
  2. Where did the power go?
    By timeoff in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-05-2011, 10:28 PM
  3. Where did my post go?
    By TLR in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 03-04-2009, 04:35 PM
  4. where did my speed go??
    By busa504 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-02-2009, 03:44 PM
  5. where did my rpms go???
    By beachboy66 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-29-2006, 11:16 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •