gp1200 vibration @ 2-3000rpm

Hey does anybody have an issue with your gp1200 vibrating like crazy at about 2-3000 rpm? i just rebuilt my motor and used all sbt parts internal including a reman'd crank. Also rebuilt the carbs . Ive had alot of other skis but this is my first triple. The boat runs out great but vibrates pretty bad at low rpm. Any thoughts?

That RPM is definitely where the engine vibrates the most...Its less severe than other 1200 triples I've run though. Depends on how bad the vibes really are...

+1
    Engine alignment,bent prop,debris in pump area are symptoms of vibration.Have you checked these out first? Does the prop spin?

Welcome to GH!

The engine shakes bad enough to shake the handlebars and feels like the whole boat shakes from the bottom. Thanks for the replies. I will check the prop for bent shaft. already checked the pump - looks good. driveline bearings feel good but i didnt check for bent shaft. will let u know

I'm guessing engine out of aline also...at over 3000 it will prob flatten itself out.. its going so fast, it spins thru the load against the puck before it can push back...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by w/rpm500 View Post
    I'm guessing engine out of aline also...at over 3000 it will prob flatten itself out.. its going so fast, it spins thru the load against the puck before it can push back...

Get a manual then check engine alignment... you can also look underneath the coupler to see if there are any black shards from the black rubber dampner.

Vibrations going through the steering come from the driveline..from the coupler to the pump bearings.

I got the same issue...everything is aligned and proper.. But this thing shakes like crazy! Talked to some guys around here and they told me its pretty common on stock let alone built 65U motors...

Quote Originally Posted by WATER WOODY View Post
    Engine alignment,bent prop,debris in pump area are symptoms of vibration.Have you checked these out first? Does the prop spin?

Welcome to GH!
    This man is right

65U motors will give a baby shaken baby syndrome around 2000 RPM's. These engines were known for the extreme viabrations they gave. They do not have a harmonic balancer like the kawis do. Dont worry, remember to check what kev(water woody) said. If all that checks out, I have one more option........just keep it pinned! Mine just sounds likes a ticking time bomb at 7800 with no viabration. (thanks to kev)

Hey thanks all for the help. Just checked the engine alignment yesterday and looked good (manual spec). Also checked for bearing play and bent shaft (best i could) looked/felt ok. Ran it for a little while and starting to think maybe this is just how it runs out. I replaced the plugs - thought they might have fouled with all the assembly lube i used. so we'll see - i'm going to take it out this afternoon. Really grateful for the input from everybody

Thread Information