Please post your Royal Purple experiences in your ski

I reached the 10 hour break in and its time for the oil change. I was thinking of going with Royal Purple 10w40.
    I used to use Mobile 1 in my sports cars (Camaro and Corvette) and SUV (Yukon Denali) then switched over to Royal Purple and have never looked back. From my experince RP is a great racing and heavy duty oil but I am curious to how it stands up as a rust inhibitor and how well it treats a 4 stroke.

I have read all the Amsoil threads. So please, I am looking for good or bad experiences that people have with Royal Purple only. I'm not interested in any other brand for this threads purpose.

My ski is a 08 RXT-X

+1
    I know that you said you are not interested in other oils but you cant just stick any oil in these 4tecs coz of the supercharger clutch. The oil must not have any friction modifiers in it. There only a few good proven oils that will work with the SC clutch. I run BRP oil and i know the race guys in the UK stick to it as well. Allot of guys are running the amsoil coz its proven to work. Sorry if this is not what you want to hear but I feel its good advice. R88

+1
    royal purple makes a motorcycle oil with no friction modifiers, so it is safe for wet clutch applications.
    I have a friend who ran the stuff and ran into problems with water ingestion not making the oil milky like conventional brp oil will. There must be some type of additive that keeps it from getting the milky color or the oil won't mix with the water. Needless to say he had a failure related to the water ingestion.
    Oh yeah, as R88ory RXP stated you need oil specific for wet clutch applications like a motorcycle oil or amsoil marine 10w40

Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    you cant just stick any oil in these 4tecs coz of the supercharger clutch. The oil must not have any friction modifiers in it.
    No. That is very good advice. However, none or Royal Purples oil have friction modifiers.

+1

royal purple

Quote Originally Posted by RXT-X View Post
    No. That is very good advice. However, none or Royal Purples oil have friction modifiers.
    i use it in a turbo application!

only the best!!! won't settle for less!!!

Bow chicka wow wow
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by RXT-X View Post
    Great oil, but so is the Seadoo 4 tec oil BRP. I'll hit 300 hours this year on my 06 RXP, not bad for Seadookie oil.

Thread Information