Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Never Fast Enough caymanian rida's Avatar

Fzs/Sho against the Ultra

1)Why did you choose that ski and how do others compare to it?
    2)What kind of conditions do u ride in?
    3)Which ski would u buy? and why? which one stands a better chance of beating a Ultra in salt water choppy conditions?
    4)Which ones more stable in ruff conditions Sho or fz?
    And do u guys who own one worry about the hull cracking?
    sorry for all those questions

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I chose the SHO Cruiser because the FZS I was looking at did not come with Cruise Control. I had a 2007 Ultra with GIO issues and liked the chance of more power ultimately than the Ultra without having to go turbo.

Inlet waterways and surf. Lately its been between 2-5 feet depending upon the tides.

3)Which ski would u buy? and why? which one stands a better chance of beating a Ultra in salt water choppy conditions?
    Same question as #1 if you look at it the way I did. Having the cruise control is a great way to eliminate the throttle bounce you get when jumping surf and when being hit by huge waves.

The SHO felt more stable and once I added skegs is rock solid in the surf and when crossing over a boat wake at high speeds. The FZS was faster in turns and felt a little lighter but in the rough the SHO walks away.

I have been beating my hull against the hardest stuff I have found. The only thing cracking are my bones. Any defects must be limited in production or more to the stories than being reported.

Any one else?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    sorry for all those questions

1. I chose the ski for the engine and possibilities of speed. I also chose the FZS because it was lighter than the ultra. The Ultra feels huge compared to the FZS when you compare how they ride. I love the handling and jumpability of the FZS whereas the Ultra handled consistently but was not as much fun to ride.

2. I have had both and the FZS is better suited for my riding style. I ride primarily on the rivers of pittsburgh with some lake riding mixed in. I just wanted an 80 mph ski and that wouldn't happen on the Ultra.

3. I bought the FZS cause it was time for a change and EVERYBODY seems to love the FZ's after they get them. As far as beating the Ultra in the chop, I'd say that would be tough to do but it has been done. It all depends on if you want to go balls to the ball and hold on for your life in the heavy chop. I don't have enough experience to judge the FZS rough water handling yet.

4. Both felt stable at slow conditions so far but I haven't pushed the envelope. The Ultra was very hard to flip. I only did it once and it was a big wave that did it. Time will tell how the Yamaha does.

In the end, they are both great skis that suit different peoples needs. Just decide what you need out of a ski and the rest should be easy to decide.

Who wins in the wind chop? Sho or fz.. same mods

^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar
    I have hit some rediculous waves and have yet to be even spooked about flipping my SHO. Now with the skegs... the stability is amazing!

I ride in wind chop and real rough stuff and some flat conditions at times in certain area's I need speed and a stable bike and I like the SHO but have not ridden one as yet I rode the Fz but do not think I will feel that comfy in really rough stuff I have ridden it in very light wind chop and the ride was smooth but not in anything too rough to test.. and the Sho seems to me would take the real big waves better also because of weight and how wide it is Kind of confused on a discusion also if I race it would b a mixture I need a cc bike but also a good offshore bike..

Quote Originally Posted by caymanian rida View Post
    I ride in wind chop and real rough stuff and some flat conditions at times in certain area's I need speed and a stable bike and I like the SHO but have not ridden one as yet I rode the Fz but do not think I will feel that comfy in really rough stuff I have ridden it in very light wind chop and the ride was smooth but not in anything too rough to test.. and the Sho seems to me would take the real big waves better also because of weight and how wide it is Kind of confused on a discusion also if I race it would b a mixture I need a cc bike but also a good offshore bike..
    FZ series

Quote Originally Posted by 345 Yamaha Killa View Post
    FZ series
    +1 to dat...

The fz is more better offshore n way better for circuit racing.I would say get the fz

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information