Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    ^^^ I took that Pic!^^^ PixxByTango's Avatar

Cool Tybee Island Run Sept 11 & 12 weekend

I am putting together a run around Little Tybee Island. The goal is a 100 mile race/cruise around the island as the pic below indicates from my GPS trail. The event would be 6 laps. A fuel stop would be needed as no on-board fueling would be allowed. This would be the test between Flatwater creek speeds and an equal length of surf. Let the best ski & rider win.

I am currently working with the local parks commission and the city council to rent the pavillion for the Saturday night party. Years ago they held an offshore boat race here but due to the lack of local interest, the event was a flop. The locals are all in support and many want to join the event. The local Honda/Yamaha of Savannah is in support as are several other local businesses.

This thread is to guage interest in making this happen. I have a local videographer and helicopter to follow the course, so great shots and video will be available.

Being the date is September 11th & 12th, I think many will have the ability to travel on Friday to make the event on Saturday... party Saturday night and drive home Sunday. I am getting special rates for the weekend at a host hotel right next to the Pavillion and to the beach start/finish.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Exclamation

Just an update on the event...

Honda/Yamaha of Savannah has updated their support of the event for Saturday night's Raffle at the party. In addition to being an event sponsor they will be giving away four Factory PWC covers, buoys and service vouchers.

Another very welcome supporter is one free Jim's Rideplates or a custom modification to your exisiting rideplate depending upon the winner's type of PWC. This is a great addition to our event and I plan on adding many more. Stay tuned for the updates!

Im in.....

Local to Savannah

My ski wont win any races though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdriver View Post
    Im in.....

Local to Savannah

My ski wont win any races though.
    Your ski doesn't have to win any of the race for you to win the prizes. All items donated to the event will be raffled off Saturday night at the party. This event will be simply bragging rights with the winners of the classes receiving payouts if we meet the participation goal. If I secure a few more corporate sponsors, I will increase the payouts accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by PixxByTango View Post
    Your ski doesn't have to win any of the race for you to win the prizes. All items donated to the event will be raffled off Saturday night at the party. This event will be simply bragging rights with the winners of the classes receiving payouts if we meet the participation goal. If I secure a few more corporate sponsors, I will increase the payouts accordingly.

FYI the owner and manager of the Napa in Richmond Hill on 17 just before Kings Ferry are big Jet Skiers. Give them a hollar too if you pass that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkdriver View Post
    FYI the owner and manager of the Napa in Richmond Hill on 17 just before Kings Ferry are big Jet Skiers. Give them a hollar too if you pass that way.
    I will do that! Yesterday I secured the pavillion at Tybee Island Pier for the party. It was up in the air if the wedding that is taking place on the beach was going to rent the place, but my proposal won out! SO... we need to make this a BIG party and have a lot of fun!

The course should be an equalizer for those who like to smack talk about which ski is better and the Pavillion will definitely be the place to clear those questions after the race on who has the best ski!

This is what the Pavillion looks like.

Cool

duplicate

count me in, I'm from Charleston and would love to make the trip.......any idea of the types of skis attending? I may be interested in trying to win otherwise I'll just cruise.....sounds like fun either way

Banned User
    I'm debating coming.. so maybe a 86+MPH RXP

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    I'm debating coming.. so maybe a 86+MPH RXP
    I'd have a lot of work to so in the surf then.....I'm on a parts manager salary so I have a budget 80 mph ski.....I guess if I start to get left I will just back off

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information