1999 Genesis engine rebuild (need some tips and help)

I am currently ready to completely put back together my 99 Polaris 1200 Genesis engine but have a few questions. I have used good cases and the old thick gaskets are literally stuck on there and they are all there. what is the best way to remove them or do i use a razorblade and spend 6 hours doing it. And someone told me a while ago to replace the "grey colored" original fuel lines with fuel line form an auto parts store because they deteriorate over time from the inside and get junk in the carb.
    is this true? I appreciate any suggestions as i would like to get these crankcases sealed tonight. Also any tips on what to look out for and what sealers to use as this will be my first waverunner rebuild and i have to do it myself. I do have a new complete engine gasket set, copper gasket adhesive for the exhaust gaskets, blue medium strength threadlock for all the bolts, and high tack gasket sealer for the paper gaskets. This is all info on got from the SBT website, but decided not to go with their rebuilt engines. I am also unable to download the service manual off here so i cannot get the torque specs. Does anyone know the crankcase torque specs and cylinder torque specs for i can at least get started. Thanks.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by markdgenesis View Post
    ...someone told me a while ago to replace the "grey colored" original fuel lines with fuel line form an auto parts store because they deteriorate over time from the inside and get junk in the carb.
    is this true? ...
    Yes, the gray Tempo fuel hoses do cause trouble.

Have a look here;
    Polaris Domestic (red) engine

Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    Yes, the gray Tempo fuel hoses do cause trouble.

Have a look here;
    Polaris Domestic (red) engine
    Hi, Thanks for that link, I guess i need new 1/4" fuel lines, I cannot see them costing too much for 20 feet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by markdgenesis View Post
    I have used good cases and the old thick gaskets are literally stuck on there and they are all there. what is the best way to remove them or do i use a razorblade and spend 6 hours doing it.
    Spray on gasket remover from any parts store. A razor can actually gouge the cases so be careful. A plastic razor blade (Yes, they're really made of plastic) and the spray on gasket remover works great.

So far i have the crankcases sealed, cylinders, heads, and water jackets on. I am ready to start putting on the stator/flywheel and everything else. I ordered a manual from my local shop and when it came in it was 1996-1998 "All Polaris watercraft". They said it will give me the same idea but i would not have ordered it if i knew that. Does anyone know if there is something in my 96-98 manual or say something from a 1996-1998 genesis model to a 1999 genesis model like mine that is different. As far as these grey defective fuel lines needing to be replaced, I just went to NAPA auto parts and bought 20 feet of their 1/4" fuel line but what about on the carburetor where there is very small lines. Does anyone just sell a complete kit for these to replace every fuel line? and how much are they. And is this NAPA fuel line good enough to work? I am sure marine grade is better quality but costs more too and i am on a budget. Let me know. Thanks.

Thread Information