Thread: GPRXP or GPRSHO

GPRXP or GPRSHO

I have tried searching through the forums trying to find a thread comparing the two with speeds etc.
    People i talk to at pwc performance shops where i live say sea doo's/RXP's break down all the time, but ive read nothing but good things about GPRXP's on here.

+1
    Welcome to the GH forums.

A gprxp is nothing more than a RXP using a gpr hull, or if it makes you feel better, is nothing more than a GPR using a RXP engine. There are about a gazzilion different versions, and every one is going to have varying degrees of reliability and usefullness. Some are show queens. Some are down, and dirty racers. Some are all-around performers. Some are drag boats.

I think you get my drift. Trying to compare a GPRXP to a GPRSHO is an absolute waste of electrons. You can't even compare two seperate GPRXP's.

Quite frankly, I've only seen a HANDFUL of pwc-performance shops that would have any idea about either one of these, much less both of them.

The SHO engine is still rather new, and undeveloped. The Rotax is getting a little long in the tooth, but has a ton of aftermarket behind it. Both are exceptional powerplants.

The SHO motor sounds absolutely nasty, I dont like the sound of the RXP motor...

Quote Originally Posted by 00gprNC View Post
    I have tried searching through the forums trying to find a thread comparing the two with speeds etc.
    People i talk to at pwc performance shops where i live say sea doo's/RXP's break down all the time, but ive read nothing but good things about GPRXP's on here.

other than the sc washer failure, which can be prevented, the rxp has exceptional reliability.

The only flaw of the 4-tec engine was in the valve train and that was worked out after 04.

+1
    GPRXP seems easier to build and cheeper. Just my 2 cents but maybe I am biased due to I have built 4 of them...... (GPRXPs)

It's a lot easier to find a RXP/RXT motor than it is to find a SHO motor. Much cheaper too

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    other than the sc washer failure, which can be prevented, the rxp has exceptional reliability.

The only flaw of the 4-tec engine was in the valve train and that was worked out after 04.
    more like 07 - Still had issues through 06 (got better each year though)

Thread Information