Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With engine running and a charged or mostly charged battery the measured voltage should be very close to 14.5 volts.

Measured at the battery with a digital multimeter.

Voltage should remain stable as RPM changes.

13.5 volts or less indicates no battery charging is happening or there is a problem.

A deeply discharged battery can affect the measured charging voltage.
    sigpic
    How to post your question, AFTER you have done your homework
    Asking for help via Private Message?
    For Ficht EMM Repairs, contact Lakeside Tech
    Yamaha NanoXcel hull repair info
    Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

After reading this about the rule 500 I looked one up from my local supplier his showed it running every 2 min. Is this the same pump or a different part num. if so would you have the num. available ?
      Made in USA ! Assembled in Canada

Comment

Originally posted by rpa101 View Post
        After reading this about the rule 500 I looked one up from my local supplier his showed it running every 2 min. Is this the same pump or a different part num. if so would you have the num. available ?
        The Polaris system does not need the model with the water sensing timer interval. Just constant pump running when power is applied.

This would be the most basic model of Rule brand pump, rated for continuous operation wet or dry.

For 500gph rating, that would be the Rule 25D model.

The Rule 25S would have the automatic interval timer/sensing feature.
        sigpic
        Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Thanks I will see they can get that model
          Made in USA ! Assembled in Canada

Comment

I have the opposite problem with my bilge pump. It will come on with the push of the button but does not run while the ski is on. Could this be the LR module as well?

I did notice that on the last ride, my voltage did fluctuate from 13.? volts to 14.? volts on the MFD. However, the battery is showing fully charged when i came in.
            2003 Polaris Virage - 700 cc
            2001 Polaris Virage - 700cc

Comment

Originally posted by Policeman View Post
              I have the opposite problem with my bilge pump.

It will come on with the push of the button but does not run while the ski is on. Could this be the LR module as well?

I did notice that on the last ride, my voltage did fluctuate from 13.? volts to 14.? volts on the MFD. However, the battery is showing fully charged when i came in.
              It sounds like the LR module is not proving power to the Orange wire output.

Check for loose wire connections inside the electrical box. Make sure the ground screws are tight, no wire damage, etc. If all that is good, then the LR module is the prime suspect. Mainly because the battery is being charged, which means the other involved parts such as the stator charging coil are working.
              sigpic
              Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

No loose wires found and appears to be grounded. I headed over to SBT to buy a replacement LR and after picking up my jaw on the huge price tag..... I read that not verifying the timing when replacing the LR could cause engine damage. Very perplexing to me because I have no idea how to check timing and do not own a timing light. Am I over my head or is this something I can check and adjust. Also, how does this cause engine damage?

Comment

You check timing when you replace a CDI, not the LR
                  2023 FX Limited SVHO.
                  2017 GP 1800 Stage 1+

Comment

I see. I was looking at the wrong part. Good to know! Part is ordered and on its way.

Comment

Originally posted by Policeman View Post
                      ... Part is ordered and on its way.
                      My understanding is that SBT sells CDI and stators made by the same company that made the factory Polaris Gen III ignitions, PVL from Germany.

The LR modules I suspect are NOT made by the same company that made the original Polaris parts. Minks Engineering did the OEM LR modules for Polaris.

I do not know for sure which company is making the aftermarket LR modules being sold by SBT but I suspect the supplier may be JuShine.

It is also unclear how compatible the SBT aftermarket LR modules are. I have not seen enough reports from people installing these aftermarket LR modules to form a complete opinion.
                      sigpic
                      Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Im not sure the stators from SBT are made by PVL. I know the CDIs are. Im pretty sure the coils are PVL too.
                        2023 FX Limited SVHO.
                        2017 GP 1800 Stage 1+

Comment

Mine doesn't work in the computer does it list the amps on the fuses?
                          First Ski to me ever 7/18/12: 2004 Polaris Virage 700cc so far stock Build thread http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=182997
                          1996 Sea-doo Sp 580cc: restoration/build thread http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=198909

Comment

PLEASE HELP!! My 2003 Polaris Genesis I 1200 is blowing bilge pump fuses on a brand new bilge pump

Comment

Originally posted by Nep2une View Post
                              PLEASE HELP!! My 2003 Polaris Genesis I 1200 is blowing bilge pump fuses on a brand new bilge pump
                              What bilge pump have you installed? Make and model?

What size fuse are you using?
                              sigpic
                              Polaris PWC useful info

Comment

Working...
                              X