Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Im still interested in learning how can your pumps be picking up derbies so big, like those weeds or pieces of shells?
    I have a boat, but it uses the same parts as the PWCs, everything from the engine to the the impeller housing, which has the same part number as the RXP.
    There is no way debris so big can enter the cooling system through the tiny holes in the oem strainer, specially hard ones like shells, are this pumps modified? is there another way for particles to enter the system? maybe Im misinterpreting the scale in the photos? I would like to understand better (Im new and learning), thanks

Comment

I've been running that Grocco strainer for a few years now and honestly have yet to pull that bowl and find much of anything other than discolation of the screen...couple dots of a leaf here and there. Still good precautionary measure I guess but I think allot has to do with where you ride. How the heck Hotbird's got particles that size in the bowl is strange to me also...got by the pump screen shown in that pic posted? Sand is still going to flow past that mesh in the Grocco...it's what 40 mesh?
      99 GSXL Coffman/Miller 1017, sold. 97 GSX 860 Miller, soon to be sold, 59mph gps. 2001 GTX 65mph gps, wife won't let me sell it , 07 RXT, 82.3mph gps. 2016 px 300, Riva scom only, 74mph.

Comment

Originally posted by Ken62465 View Post
        I've been running that Grocco strainer for a few years now and honestly have yet to pull that bowl and find much of anything other than discolation of the screen...couple dots of a leaf here and there. Still good precautionary measure I guess but I think allot has to do with where you ride. How the heck Hotbird's got particles that size in the bowl is strange to me also...got by the pump screen shown in that pic posted? Sand is still going to flow past that mesh in the Grocco...it's what 40 mesh?
        OK I forgot to post some important details. I was running a Rotax racing pump (they have no screen like oem).
        And the river was horribly dirty that day with the seeds falling off the trees.

Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431017321970.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	71.0 KB
ID:	4902151Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431017357879.jpg
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	4902152

But before that I ran a oem pump and had dirty screens then also just nothing big like the pic I posted.

I think it depends on where you ride and how dirty the water is. Here at the river it gets very dirty a day or 2 after a good rain and or storm.
        DashPac
        https://www.4-tecperformance.com/ind...mnr8drarodd0v1

Comment

To answer your question, yes, the Groco strainer is 40 mesh

Originally posted by Ken62465 View Post
          2009 px - et137+4, Vtech, CMD w/WB2, Eastside Powersports cam, Supertech valves and dual springs, kanaflex intake, Riva through hull, gutted waterbox, 80lb Bosch, walbro 255, aeromotive rrfpr, fizzle HE heat exchanger, hull extensions, r&d pump wedge and seal, r&d grate, Jim's rideplate, Solas 15/20r, SS wear ring, ARP throughout, 160 t-stat, Aeromotive boost gauge, Jettrim seat cover, 2 3/4" PRVs, Rule 500, free mods

2014 2 up spark V-tech tuned, jettrim seat cover, intake and exhaust

Comment

Originally posted by G.R.B View Post
            I have been looking at this issue and found that my pump already has a strainer, its easy to see if you look into the pump from the back of your craft with a flashlight, the holes are really small. Its really strange pieces of shell so big got into that intercooler, and also all the big debris in the other picture, its practically imposible for things so big to enter the cooling system, unless those pumps are missing this part. As far as I know all SeaDoos come with this part.
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]358050[/ATTACH]

So if you install a second strainer you should look for a tight mesh otherwise what goes in the first strainer will also pass through the second strainer, and its hard to see in the picture but the oem strainer is small and so are those holes.

I have searching in the dealers manual pdf after the word "strainer" - there is only a oil-strainer to find.
            I have searching also many other documents - I cannot find this piece you show here in my RXT-Xas 2014.
            Can you describe or picture where I can fint this strainer?
            Hubertus
            ------------
            RXTXas 260 RS 2014, RIVA/Wilson Billet Intake Manifold+Fuel Rail, RIVA 4" Power Filter Kit, R&D FPR, ET 70-142 SC, R&D FreeFlow Ex., O2-Sensor, VT1100 Injec., Eastside springs & retainer, Viton ValveStemSeals, AFR- LC2 +FPR- Gauge Innovate, Riva grate, Fizzle 1k+ hard pipe kit, R&D pump seal, Stock & R&D Cone, VTECH Datalogger / Maptuner user, Solas 14/19A, 15/20R, Rotax Racing light weight flywheel & cam sprocket, ARP flywheelbolts, Powered by MRG Performance.

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431112289453.png
Size:	841.8 KB
ID:	4902214

This is a 2012 pump but I think the 2014 is the same. See the black nut? Unscrew that and you will see.
              DashPac

Comment

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1431112445962.jpg
Size:	68.0 KB
ID:	4902215
                DashPac

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

I changed the pic in post 26 for a better view of the Man Size strainer.
                    2013 RXT-X260 - GRF BorgWarner EFR 67/58 Turbo/MoTeC M130
                    Build Thread: http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=231361
                    Kicker audio:http://www.greenhulk.net/showthread.php?t=215264&highlight=kicker
                    https://wfoperformance.net/sites/us/...5/web/home.htm

Comment

Originally posted by hotbird View Post
                      [ATTACH]358225[/ATTACH]

This is a 2012 pump but I think the 2014 is the same. See the black nut? Unscrew that and you will see.
                      That sure is a pretty pump and nozzle.
                      2017 RXPX - add on wheelie bars
                      2013 RXTX - custom muffler bearing

2003 GPRXP - hybrid, runs on 93 octane or sweet tea
                      http://www.youtube.com/user/troyheb
                      http://wfoperformance.net/

Comment

I always wondered what the heck that nut was on the pump cool info. I have always run the strainer. and it does work. a great add item.
                        Originally posted by hotbird View Post
                        [ATTACH]358225[/ATTACH]

www.soflariders.net

Comment

Got my Groco

Name:	image.jpg
Size:	81.3 KB
ID:	4902239
                          2022 RXPX 300 - TRIPLE BLACK
                          2021 RXPX 300 - PURPLE
                          2019 RXPX 300 - GREY

Comment

Originally posted by hkss View Post
                            Originally posted by G.R.B View Post
                            I have been looking at this issue and found that my pump already has a strainer, its easy to see if you look into the pump from the back of your craft with a flashlight, the holes are really small. Its really strange pieces of shell so big got into that intercooler, and also all the big debris in the other picture, its practically imposible for things so big to enter the cooling system, unless those pumps are missing this part. As far as I know all SeaDoos come with this part.
                            [ATTACH=CONFIG]358050[/ATTACH]

So if you install a second strainer you should look for a tight mesh otherwise what goes in the first strainer will also pass through the second strainer, and its hard to see in the picture but the oem strainer is small and so are those holes.

I have searching in the dealers manual pdf after the word "strainer" - there is only a oil-strainer to find.
                            I have searching also many other documents - I cannot find this piece you show here in my RXT-Xas 2014.
                            Can you describe or picture where I can fint this strainer?
                            Its part num. 267000282 and they refer to it on the parts catalog as a "plug" but Its a strainer on one side and a plug on the other side, that way you can un-plug it for cleaning if necessary
                            Last edited by G.R.B; 05-09-2015, 01:04 PM.

Comment

So I am in the process of adding a strainer in my ski but I see the main water inlet from the pump gets split between the intercooler and exhaust. Are you guys putting the strainer before the T to strain everything or just the intercooler line?

Comment

see pic in post #11, just the IC in
                                sigpic2010 RXT-X Turbo: MoTeC M130, GRF Garrett GTX3071R Turbo.

2005 GTX-SC (185+hp): 66.5 GPS @ 7650 rpm limit. Riva grate, Riva catch can, Groco strainer-shutoff valve, bilge pump, 4" Kana intake-filter, Riva 2*wedge, Solas 12.5/18, Xternal IC.

Comment

Working...
                                X