This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Impeller Pitching (Updated)

Updated from the thread ÔÇ£Impeller Pitching QuestionsÔÇØ

Use the impeller spline tool in the vice to hold the impeller. (per G/H)
    1mm bend = 100-130 rpm's (per Pistonwash)

After pitch bend, use a tape measure to find the center of all blades (trailing edge to center) mark, then measure (see pic). You can buy the Watcon impeller pitch gauge for a more accurate check.
    Attached Files
    05 Rxp

Do you want the wrench at the end on the impeller? Or up just a bit?

sigpicDon't sweat the small stuff. Be happy! Ride on!

Comment

I grab mine exactly 1" from the back edge of the impeller.
      Save money on your pwc performance parts! Use the discount code: greenhulk when completing the checkout process in the GREENHULK PWC Performance Store and save 10% off the listed price of MOST Riva Racing and ALL WORX Racing Products. We also offer Fizzle Racing, MaptunerX tuning bundle packages, and instant download tuning licenses at discounted prices.

Shop now! www.greenhulkstore.com​​
      Contact us! [email protected]
      Like us on Facebook! www.facebook.com/GreenHulkPWCPerformanceStore

Comment

great tips

Comment

Could someone go into a little more detail on this prop pitching. What I think i got so far is that the only place you bend it is 1 inch from the trailing edge of each blade. If this is the case, why are you marking the center of the blade? I need to tweak mine and I want to make sure I do it right. Thanks.

Comment

Yeah I wondered too about why do you need to mark the center After the bend?
            sigpic
            '07 Red RXT: Washers, Rude SC, 42's, RRFPR, 4" intake up front, Skegs, 15/22R, 2.5 deg wedge, XS cooler, Riva grate, Riva thru hull with, '08 RXTX Water Box, - 73.4 @ 8120, 83mm ring
            ÔÇ£The older we get, the better we were,ÔÇØ Ride Safely!
            TOP SECRET RACING

Comment

You can disregard the middle mark. It was put there for another reference point to check after pitching. Just to make sure all blades are the same measurement in the center.
              05 Rxp

Comment

So the only place you bend it is 1 inch from the trailing edge?

Comment

For dialing in the RPM's yes!
                  Save money on your pwc performance parts! Use the discount code: greenhulk when completing the checkout process in the GREENHULK PWC Performance Store and save 10% off the listed price of MOST Riva Racing and ALL WORX Racing Products. We also offer Fizzle Racing, MaptunerX tuning bundle packages, and instant download tuning licenses at discounted prices.

Comment

Thanks. Now I am ready to start bending.

Comment

what about where to bend the leading edge? I know I would rather not to but I would like to do some experimenting and I would like to bend at the right place.
                      Yamaha Fx-SVHO 2014
                      Abu Dhabi, UAE
                      http://www.exploreabudhabi.ae/

Comment

i just bend the very end of the prop, i was trying to increase to get 200rpm more and when i vent out to test ride I lost 200rpm, how that happend ? i think i need an advice
                        08 RXT-X

sigpic

Comment

You probably bent it the wrong way.

Picture the impeller sitting in the pump which is installed in the ski.

Bend the blades up towards the front of the ski for more RPM's
                          Bend the blades down towards the back of the ski for less RPM's

Comment

HA HA HA... increase/decrease...
                            i got it fixt, thanks again Jerry

will the top end or the bottom gonna improve?
                            Last edited by pet; 06-27-2007, 06:37 PM.
                            08 RXT-X

sigpic

Comment

I have a lot of question... sorry !

When someone say "i repitch impeller..." it's the same operation ?

one will call the propeller shaft part FRONT and the part pumps the BACK, ok.

If my impeller is a 13/19, i made this tip's for increase pitch, I draw the blades towards the BACK. the new pitch will be a 14/19 ? a 14/20 ? I will win speed ?

Must I give a millimettre to all the blade AND all the blades? or must I only give a millimetre on half (and with identical on all the blades)?

I have a 14/20, my engine pains to start, taken it again in jump of wave is not signal, only speed in flat water is better. if I twists the blades forwards, I would gain in start or re-start ? is what I would lose of speed?

In big wave ridding, all jet have same power...

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              😀
                              🥰
                              🤢
                              😎
                              😡
                              👍
                              👎