Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BSled
    • Jan 2023

90 hp spark with 12/14 solals impeller?

I was curious if anyone has put a 12/14 on a stock 90hp, im looking for more low and mid power don't really care for more top end and I'm not interested in doing any mods at all, can't decide what's my best options 12/14 12/15 12/17 just looking for more information before I buy one, wondering why a 12/14 is better when tuned and isn't good on stock vs 12/17 they say is better none tuned just confused any information would be greatly appreciated
  • RXP-SWE
    • Jul 2006

My experience is that you will get much more out of a good tune, keeping the stock impeller, than just an impeller.
    • 2015 Spark 2UP HO, iBR, VTS, RF DESS, Speed Ties, Snap in fenders, ribbon delete, dropped stock sponsons, Worx intake grate, Worx pump seal kit, Worx ride plate, ProTune 110hp, Solas 12/14, Riva stainless wear ring, 3UP hull extension, LinQ fuel caddy, Ergolocks, floorboard wedges, comfort seat, Trixx adjustable riser steering, Garmin Echomap 62CV UHD mounted on Spark sound system base.
    • 2005 RXP 215 SOLD!

Comment

• RXP-SWE
      • Jul 2006

The different impellers listed are really just different gearings, I think the 12/14 would be too low for the stock tune, you need a higher rev limiter or you will lose top speed. The 12/15 is probably the one best suited for the stock tune with the 8k rev limiter. The 12/17 is only for high power applications like turbo etc. that has the power to spin it fast enough.

And I'm a bit sceptical when people talk about "low and mid end power" on PWCs, for how long time is the engine really at low or mid rpms? It just flashes by them and right up to the rev limiter and stays there when you go WOT with a suitable impeller. What you need is an impeller that keeps the rpms just at peak power at WOT.

I have a lot of mods done to my Spark and the two most noticable to me is the tune and the comfort seat A friend of mine only have a tune and he is just slightly slower in top speed and acceleration compared to me, at a fraction of the cost.
      • 2015 Spark 2UP HO, iBR, VTS, RF DESS, Speed Ties, Snap in fenders, ribbon delete, dropped stock sponsons, Worx intake grate, Worx pump seal kit, Worx ride plate, ProTune 110hp, Solas 12/14, Riva stainless wear ring, 3UP hull extension, LinQ fuel caddy, Ergolocks, floorboard wedges, comfort seat, Trixx adjustable riser steering, Garmin Echomap 62CV UHD mounted on Spark sound system base.
      • 2005 RXP 215 SOLD!

Comment

Working...